Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 01:39:09 AM

Author Topic: Easy way to migrate configuration from Mach 2 to Mach 3 ?  (Read 5459 times)

Easy way to migrate configuration from Mach 2 to Mach 3 ?
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:48:25 PM »
I'm using the Soundlogic breakout board and when I first setup Mach2, I downloaded the XML file from Campbell Designs. Ran like a champ after setting the motors up.

Campbell Designs doesn't have a download for Mach 3. Is there an easy way to migrate my configuration to Mach 3 without grinding through the configuration setup field by field ?

Thanks,

David Morrow
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 06:31:26 PM by ynneb »
David Morrow
Re: Easy way to migrate configuration from Mach 2 to Mach 3 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 11:12:25 PM »
David I set up a mill from 2 to 3 and found it to not be that bad... I had one scrap of paper (that I filled) and it took about 30min. The good part is you will not have to do it again :)

Sorry I think there is not a better way:(
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 11:54:19 PM »
David,
Once you have done it, and it is working, could you please upload the XML file to this thread and rename  this thread to include Campbell XML into it.
I am sure others would like to use the XML as well. It will give them a big head start.

Thanks Benny

PS I will soon add an XML section to cater for the many setups, I will then move this post to there.
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:04:48 AM »
Sure, I'll up load it but it will be a bare bones file as I am not yet using any control features of the board other than to drive the motors.
David Morrow
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 06:30:44 AM »
I have an xml for the soundlogic board But i don't know how to post it:(

Benny HELP!!!

Thank you
Brian

www.machsupport.com

ynneb

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 03:45:25 PM »
Yes The upload is not in an obvious place. Sorry

When replying to this thread withe your file, do not use the box at the bottom, but press the "reply" button in the post, and then follow the attached picture.

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 08:13:53 PM »
Benny I checked out the help and i can't see the attachments under Additional Options... :o

I checked out the HELP :)

Sorry
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »
Hi guys,

I am new in the Forum, been using my small Benford CNC mill for a while with Mach2, but moved lately and it looks like the PC or the Mill didn't like it. Now it is not working. I did change the breakboard and I am using Campbell Rev 5 combo . I did upgrate to Mach3 the latest version, But it is still not working. I got from Bob Campbell the XML file. When loaded, I could move XYZ axis using the arrow keys but the mill axels are not miving. I have been able to make the Led9 (charge pump) going on but now it is not...

Well I do need a hand to get it going further... Thanks for responding

Tommy