Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:36:22 PM

Author Topic: 1st 'Beta' release of the MachSteelBlue Screenset  (Read 57038 times)

1st 'Beta' release of the MachSteelBlue Screenset
« on: April 30, 2006, 07:47:41 PM »
Hello,

The time has come to finally Beta release the screenset that Mr Bean and myself have developed over the last few weeks.  ::)

It's in a new thread as we hope to capture as much feedback on this specific screenset in one place.

A few notes beforehand. This screenset follows the layout of the standard screen supplied with Mach3 as close as possible. The idea for this set was to provide a set that was hopefully cosmetically more pleasing for our own personal use and share this with fellow Mach users out there. It's not a radical leap into optimizing screen layout.

The screen is designed for 1024 * 768 resolution, however latest development releases of Mach3 have a Hi-Res feature that will allow this screen to be used at higher resolutions with a much higher clarity than previously was available in Mach3.

Its true to say that the way the set is constructed allows a lot of flexibility in colour schemes.. These may come next depending on the level of interest.

Please feel free to download the installer program. (Obviously we have tested this but backup any Mach folders first !)
The installer also includes an uninstaller so you can be assured any trace of the screenset is removed after evaluation.

This can be downloaded from :-

http://www.cnc-builder.co.uk/insomniax/

At this stage the hotkeys are still being worked through.

Bugs and feedback appreciated.

The InsomniaX

Santiniuk & Mr Bean

« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 03:12:49 AM by santiniuk »

ynneb

Re: 1st 'Beta' release of the MachSteelBlue Screenset
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2006, 09:04:25 PM »
Extremely nice. I love the professional installer and every thing about it. You guys have excelled yourselves, and really set a great model of what can be done with the Mach screen designer.

Thanks so much.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2006, 09:52:31 AM »
:)

I feel deja vu here Benny...... Web master Beano advises over nearly 100 downloads including those here. Most of the referrals are from the zone.

Was it really THAT bad ???

;)

ynneb

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2006, 10:05:22 AM »
Sad but true, lots of downloads but few comments. Get used to it.
I noticed the same with LazyCam when it was released, lots of complaints when things didnt work, but few praises or thanks.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2006, 10:18:27 AM »
Hi Guys:

Thankfully Benny notified me of this release. I just loaded it and started to play. Its growing on me fast. This is a very nice screenset and the work is obvious..
  Dont be bummed if comments are slow to arrive, this is very typical, for the first year or two of devlopment of Master5 I thought I was almost alone in the world :) . Im going to annouce this on the Yahoo group so more see it, I suspect many will be using it soon. I thin k Ill leave it as my default for a bit to see how its goes.  Really nice set , I use it on 1920x1600 and its still pretty crisp..

Regards,
Art

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2007, 09:59:29 AM »
Hi - hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes and that this is the correct place to post this. Apologies if not. Also can't find this posted previously so here goes.

I'm using the SteelBlue set and like it. However here's a problem I noted (to my cost! ;D).

On the program run screen, set off-line. Switch to MDI and enter new coords. Ooooops, I just snapped the tool. The LED is indicating "de-ref all axis" and is definitely NOT offline.

FWIW the reason I swapped from the default Mach3 set was to see if the line number DRO on the program screen would display the whole number rather than miss off the last digit - however the SteelBlue does the same. Why is this?

best regards

Stirling
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »
Hi Sterling,

Certainly not reading on anyone's toes. Any feedback good or bad is more than welcome. :)

The one thing I'm not quite sure on is the problem you have specific to the SteelBlue Screen or does it also exist in the standard Mach screens ?

The SteelBlue screens should (We hope) only use the exact commands as the original Mach screens. They were put together at 2am most nights so not the best of times to work  ::)

If it's the same problem with both screens then it's a job for a Guru, if not drop a note and we'll investigate.

Cheers

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 03:12:43 AM »
Hi santiniuk - thanks for your reply

This doesn't happen on the standard Mach3 screenset - just SteelBlue.

Thing is - on the MDI,  LEDs are on different buttons and buttons are in different order so I'm wondering if something got switched.

Cheers

Stirling
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 06:14:59 PM »
Hi Sterling,

Will investigate and see what can be done. If I remember correctly our screens were for v1.84 releases and now with the 2.00 releases some features are not correct. i.e No sliders.

Would love to get the time again to do another set of screens. But time just isn't good at the moment :(

Cheers

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2007, 01:14:07 PM »
Hi santiniuk

Couldn't resist having a look with the screen designer and I've re-assigned the offending OEM codes to the buttons and switched the LEDs around and all seems to be OK now. I've taken the liberty of attaching the screen but I appreciate your comment re your time. I'll continue to use the version I've amended and see how it goes.

Screen 2:
switched mac coords from 240 to 256
switched De-ref all axis from 178 to 240
switched offline from 256 to 178
moved yellow led above offline
moved red led above mac coords

regards

Stirling