Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:49:28 AM

Author Topic: V 2.77 ready for test  (Read 12990 times)

V 2.77 ready for test
« on: February 13, 2008, 01:22:50 PM »
I have fixed some of the problems reported so here is a new version. The fixes are:

Changes to the surface wizard. This was actually done a while ago, but somehow fell out of the V2.76 code. I hope its back to stay :-)

The circle cut wizard had some problems with the lead-in cut for tool comp. It was correct in the Preview display but wrong on the Post code. The tool comp radius was being calculated as toolR*1.15, it should have been toolR*1.5

The thread screen had a couple bugs, a redundant start move.

I found some junk in the Bitmaps folder so the zip file is now 300kb smaller.

Download the zip file and unzip it into the Addons folder.

April 15, 2008- I removed the file, a V2.78 is now loaded to a new topic
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 10:32:15 AM by Ron Ginger »

Offline ataxy

•  31 31
    • View Profile
Re: V 2.77 ready for test
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:45:56 PM »
cant click on material selection, wasnt there more option before in the main screen
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 02:16:12 PM »
The material selection screen changed a couple versions back. Instead of the fixed buttons, with speed and feed data in the button code, the data is now in a file that can be edited with a text editor to include any material you use, and your selection of speeds and feeds. Clicking the button will open a dialog box with a material selection list.

Are you saying that clicking the "select Material" button does not open a dialog box?

This does require a reasonably later Mach version, something from at least late last summer or fall.

Offline ataxy

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:23:00 PM »
yep when i click nothing happen i am trying it on the latest dev release
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 06:38:10 PM »
What if you click the Help button? or the Continue? One of the problems Brian is working on in the latest dev version is some strange VB hangs, maybe thats whats happening here.

Offline ataxy

•  31 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 07:19:30 AM »
same nothing happens

vmax549

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 02:51:00 PM »
RON the material selection button works here V2.77.

But there are still a few quirks in the thread milling wizard.

(;-) TP

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 10:46:36 PM »
How do I know what version I am running?  I think I installed 2.77 but when I click on help it does not give a version number.  The biggest problem I am having is it will no longer let me enter numbers from the keypad. When I click on a data field, a pop up window opens and that is the only way to enter data, and when I use the pop up window, it will not let me start a number with a decimal point.  All numbers smaller than 1 have to be entered as 0.*********x.  This is just an extra key click.  Having to use the mouse to pick the numbers on the pop up menu is a pain when my fingers are covered in coolant.  It is much easier to use the keyboard (with keyboard protector, plastic wrap).  Plastic wrap on a mouse does not work so good so I like to keep the mouse use to a minimum.

Vince
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2008, 07:47:00 AM »
The help menu bar will only show Mach, not the wizard. The first wizard screen, where you select material, has a V number in the upper right corner, by the Newfangled logo.

I dont understand your entry problem. VB has no way to make pop-up windows. If you click on a DRO it highlights to show it has the focus and you can type numbers to it, but there are no popups. Are you sure you are using the Newfangled set?

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
I dont understand your entry problem. VB has no way to make pop-up windows. If you click on a DRO it highlights to show it has the focus and you can type numbers to it, but there are no popups. Are you sure you are using the Newfangled set?

Yes, I am positive I am using the Newfangled set.  Here is a screen shot of the pop up window.  I clicked on the 4000 to change the speed.  After clicking, the pop up opens and I can no longer use the number on the keyboard.  This is true for every data field on every page.  I have VB 2003 loaded on this machine, that may have something to do with it.  I do not want to try it on my machine's computer.

Vince
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 08:51:11 AM by N4NV »