Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 10:05:22 AM

Author Topic: flood / mist control - dust collect / vacuum hold down  (Read 7161 times)

flood / mist control - dust collect / vacuum hold down
« on: February 12, 2008, 04:03:00 PM »
im having trouble setting these up now....  was all working fine in mach2 of course, now im in the middle of the mach3 setup.

motors are tuned and working good, proximity sensors are working.

i have set up the output signals correctly.  in the output signal window i have:

output 1 - spindle  - port 1 pin 1
output 2 - dust collector - port 1 pin 16
output 3 - vacuum hold - port 1 pin 14

these setings worked in mach 2 and so i entered them in mach3...  now, how do i make the flood control and mist buttons make output 2 + 3 go??  when i hit these buttons it toggles the spindle on and off and doesnt effect the vacuum / dust...

however, if in the output signal window i select "active low" for either of these and they fire up...

i know im just missing a button in here somewhere....

shnitzel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: flood / mist control - dust collect / vacuum hold down
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 05:07:48 PM »
Go to Ports and Pins then Spindle setup, you can then asign which outputs are for Flood and Mist.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 06:22:13 PM »
ha ha ha ha ha, normally i'm a great button hunter....  but i missed that one!!!  thanx!!  problem solved.

Offline Glenn

•  129 129
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 07:08:40 PM »
Gentlemen,
  I'm setting up my 2 axis lathe with a relay board to control spindle,dust vaccuum, and  and if (on the computers' keyboard),
"s" key is spindle {M3} (yes, this works fine), and "c" key turns on and off coolant {M8} (yes
this works fine if M3 is already on-is this normal?), then which key throws M7 manually from the keyboard?
  Thanks!

Glenn
Don't assume anything.....it'll make a Manager out of U and Me!