Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:43:57 AM

Author Topic: Changing the Sensitivity of Limit Switches?  (Read 7451 times)

Re: Changing the Sensitivity of Limit Switches?
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 05:12:07 PM »
Wood! excellent. but how do you maintain tolerances when the weather changes? Or doesn't  it matter too much?
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 05:55:12 PM »
I used African Sapele for the build which has almost the lowest change co-efficent I could find, its close to mahogany's .0024. Padauk was the lowest available to me at .0018, but my supplier didn't have any in stock at the time. With the Irish climate, the weather changes between very cold and wet in the winter, and sometimes still cold and wet in the summer..haha...well sometimes it can be dry and warm if we're lucky! ;) , but the humidity doesn't alter too much either way, so once I keep her dry and inside there is no noticable changes. The day/night temperature change doesn't affect the wood, and whenever I've tested it, the moisture value is either 5% or 6% so there's no real change. Either way, tolerances within about 1/2 a mm are sufficient for me doing signs and such. I have intended to coat the wood, but haven't got around to it, and have had no problems. I'm willing to bet that in the height of summer my moisture content won't go below the 5% its at now....even at a push 4% would surprise me.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 05:57:22 PM by thkoutsidthebox »
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2008, 09:34:33 AM »
Good going, some very clear thinking going on there. Well done that man :)