Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 05:35:50 AM

Author Topic: Lazy Cam breaks up curves  (Read 3663 times)

Lazy Cam breaks up curves
« on: February 07, 2008, 11:33:35 AM »
OK, so I take my R12 DXF drawings from autocad (because lazycam will not read anything newer than that), which are composed of curves and lines for a part. I set everything up, but lazycam reads certain sections of the drawing weird. It breaks circles in two, and then posts g-code to cut them one piece at a time, and it breaks up other parts as well. This is a weird problem, any ideas?

I've posted the gcode for one of the parts, if you take it into mach, you'll see how it tries to cut. How do I either change my drawings or setup lazycam to cut smooth lines around the entire piece all at once?

Thanks!

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Cam breaks up curves
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 01:14:08 PM »
here is yor file ran through l-cam ver 3.00.2 and saved as a l-cam file.you need to draw better.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:31 PM »

So what is the cad problem? How can I fix the problem? I drew circles in autocad before and saved them the same and they worked out fine. Now, they break apart. I don't know what I did different. Anyone have any tips to fix this?

I'm having a similar issue with this gear a guy wants me to cut. I'm not sure how to draw it any differently, the part is joined and all together in autocad.

I'm also using lcam 3.00.2 if that makes a difference.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 03:06:58 PM by cxixer »

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 04:47:46 PM »
cxixer
      your cad is ok.  l-cam will recogninze your start and stop points.and this allows it to break your drawing down.in your dxf the outside chain is one chain and in l-cam it sees it as two chains.
      when you hit optimize it turns it back to a single chain.it can get pretty nasty if you have a lot of chains.your on the right track now you have to go through that learning curve thing.

bill

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:41 PM »
OK, well I re-drew the clamp in acad, and it was screwed up, only differently. It took the top line and separated it off. So I deleted that line in acad and re-drew it and it showed up fine in lazycam. So now the outside shape is great, and the circle is still in two parts, which is weird... but it will cut it ok I think.  So .. why did that solve the problem? Is this just an lcam quirk or is there something I can do to make my drawings actually show up correctly in the first place?

I can see why people charge so much for setup when there are so many problems...
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 04:58:52 PM by cxixer »

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 05:01:41 PM »
cxixer
      i forget to mention in l-cam there is connection line setting under the setup stuff some of the guys use 0.001 and some use 0.0001

bill