Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:39:06 AM

Author Topic: missing chains when loading to mach3  (Read 13059 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: missing chains when loading to mach3
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 02:31:00 PM »
Hi Rybot

Take a look at these files, I think you had some dup. lines.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: February 12, 2008, 02:32:32 PM by Chip »

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 07:41:30 PM »
RYBOT

have you took the time to look at the lcam video tutorials in the tutorial section.i was looking at the original dxf and it is pretty good.everything you were after is there.now the chain starting points were
        not in a real good order and there were a few dup chains, but all in all not bad.view the tutorials about lcam they will be a big help to you.and since you have been working with lcam you should really notice
        some of the info in the videos.you are so close to writing code for this thing but you keep missing .are you ever going to tell me what kind of material you going to cut this out of.i will send you a code.

bill
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 07:56:52 PM »
Thats it exactly, maybe I have a bad install, Thank you very much for the help everyone..

Offline Rybot

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 02:34:23 AM »
doclft

I have watched all of the video's but mostly the Lcamintro and pocketing mainly because they are the most up to date. I should go back and watch the other
video's. I don't have much experience with fixing duplicated chains but I'll check the video's for that. 

The material is Aluminum.

That last DXF I posted was modified, I put an offset of .125 on the outside chain so that I could use a .25 end mill. this should speed up the process. The last time I tried to cut this thing  out it took about three hours and that's only half way through. With less rapids and using a .25 end mill this cut a lot of time. I think my neighbors will appreciate that.

This is so cool, I got into this CNC stuff about three years ago and never really talked to anyone about it. My friends aren't into this stuff so this is really nice to be able to talk to someone and so much support.

Thanks again for  all your help,

Ryan.

Offline Rybot

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 02:38:58 AM »
Chip
This is awesome!
I'm going to try and figure out how to fix dup. lines

Ive seen the remove duplicates button but I'm not sure what it dose. I'll check it out. I cant wait to how this turns out.

Thanks!!!

Ryan

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 02:56:02 AM »
Hi, Ryan

I used your last drawings above, Loaded into Cad and selected with a window around the whole shape/drawing, then Edit, Copy, Then deleted the selected

items I'd just copied.

Then I could see the dup. lines and deleted then, Then Edit Paste put back items less the Dup. ones.

Loaded dxf into LC, cleaned & optimized and moved a couple lead-ins around, Set tool and Cut info , Posted to mach.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Getting late hear, see-ya

Offline Rybot

•  14 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 03:42:47 AM »
Hey chip
 something weird just happened, I tried to load those files and an error message said  that the files are corrupt and now I cant every time I load a file then check the version It says that its an unlicensed version . but If I open the program From the desk top and check the version it says Pro version. What the heck is going on? One step forward two steps back.
Thanks
Ryan

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 09:25:22 AM »
RYBOT

here is your code ----- this is from the original drawing --- using 0.094 mill --- origin set middle material --- tool will 0 at top of material --- i left some decoration in the snakehead
         i hope the speed and feed i picked won't break a bit --- estimated cut time 170 minutes

bill
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2008, 07:21:06 AM »
i begỉn introduce with lazycam. please help me
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2008, 07:39:29 AM »
i begỉn introduce with lazycam. please help me, send document for me to thuc_bk69@yahoo.com, thank you very much