Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 01:12:35 PM

Author Topic: Taig Mill (using microproto 2000) need help to config mach software  (Read 4737 times)

I could really use some help on config my Taig Mill to the newer mach2 software.   I have my pin set up manual but I'm lost when it come's to the Mach set up.

Would their be anyone in the Forum that has a Taig mill, set up on Mach software that could  walk me through the Mach set up for a factory complete Taig Mill.  My mill came with and old Doc operated software pkg. with is so hard to use.
 Im using step motors and every thing came from Taig.  Its about 4 years old and has less then 5 maybe 6 hours of use on the machine.  So I'm a true beginner on this and have no idea what I'm doing to hook it up to the Mach software.  I'm using the Mach Demo locked version.

Thanks
Mike E.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Taig Mill (using microproto 2000) need help to config mach software
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:11:23 AM »
First thing I would say is download and use Mach3 rather than Mach2.
Next is have a look at the manual and videos available at the top of the forum from the tutorials tab.
 If once you have referenced the videos and manual you still have questions come back and ask, we will help best we can.
One other thing you could try is to email Taig and see if they have an xml available for your mill and Mach3, if they do then you will just need to place it in your Mach3 folder and all of the settings will be applied.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 02:59:27 PM »
Thanks for the advise.  I'm sorry I believe I did down load mach 3  anyway I downloaded the newest one on the downloads locked version.  I will check.  I have the manual and at one time they had a very nice video tutorial but I can't find it anymore the ones on the support work with different areas such as the pump etc. I will check with taig and see if they have the xml that would make my life so much better and faster that's for the tip.

Mike

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »
All the videos are there, just you have to click on another link on the old page, anyway this should take you right there.
http://www.machsupport.com/Videos/Mach3%20Video%20Selections/Mach3%20Video%20Selections.html

Hood