Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:30:10 AM

Author Topic: Brain program  (Read 14211 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Brain program
« on: February 05, 2008, 09:31:55 PM »
This is my first Brain program.  It uses CNC4PC modbus card and Mach serial modbus to look at input 1 and turn on output 2 and 3.

Vince

Offline DC9

•  3 3
    • View Profile
Example of a lathe control setup....
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2008, 09:16:32 PM »

This is part of the Mach lathe control code (brains, macros etc) I am using to control a slantback lathe (think large Hardinge) with a 12 position turret, hydraulic chuck, hydraulic tailstock, etc.  The Mach software is linked to the lathe via a Automation Direct 405 PLC.  This control system is still under development and will grow significantly so it can automatically control a bar feeder, chip conveyor, and further interlock with the lathe safety systems, etc.  Please use this as an example of how you can implement the software, and not as a "drop in" for an automatic lathe.  By the time this control is done, I expect the number of macros and brains to more than double, so this is far from finished.    Hopefully this will give some of you a starting point so you can avoid some head banging!  ;)

Dave
Cole Controls Inc.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: Brain program
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2008, 09:41:41 PM »
Thanks, I pick up a little more with each brain.

Vince

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2008, 11:15:46 PM »
Thanks Dave, just what we have been looking for. Very nice and thanks for takeing the time to create and share this with us. I just had a play with Brains and a 205 with a 260 CPU a few days ago, was a snap in Mach. First time I have ever messed with an e-com modual or Modbus of any kind. To be honest, was much easier than I thought it would be just had to find the list of addresses for different types of moduals. Don't get me wrong, I'm no Guru, but learning. Now if can just figure out how to do bit packing and write a PLC program to handle the tool change for a Hurco with a 12 position tool changer. This is going to be fun and a learning experience that I'm looking forward to.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 11:35:45 AM »
I really have a hard time understanding brains I purchased interface card from cnc4pc to connect a pendant to my machineit came with how to setup different inputs and outputs and also a mpg4 _lpt2 brains.zip file which I downloaded and dragged it into the mach3 brains folder there in there but when I go into mach3 and access the brain control  under operator theres nothing in it and I cant enable the pendant can someone explain what Iam doing wrong.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 04:37:25 PM »
Did you unzip the Brains?
Hood
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 11:05:53 PM »
Hmmmmm...If you unzip them, wont they fall out ? ::)
RC :P

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 03:40:04 AM »
:)