Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 12:30:06 PM

Author Topic: Zero point of Y Axis resets  (Read 4212 times)

Zero point of Y Axis resets
« on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:30 PM »
Hi,
i have a problem milling a pcb that i have generated with Eagle and PCB_GCode.

At about the middle of the script the Zero point of the Y axis resets itself. This causes an offset of about 1cm.

What could be the cause for that?

Thank you
Adrian

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Zero point of Y Axis resets
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2008, 04:14:21 PM »
Hi, Adrian

Post your G-code file and error line number, Mach just runs the code from your post created with Eagle and PCB_G-Code.

Some G-code doesn't post N00 (line #'s) Use below method.

Double click on the G-code window in Mach, It will show line numbers on the left, Use the up-dn slider to the right, Scroll dn to the line that shows the

reset/where it is going wrong point, The view screen will show the moves, Note the line number just above the white line in the G-code window, That's the

error line of code.

You may be able to just change the Y value on that line to correct the error, But it may cause further errors in the remaining G-code.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 04:58:09 PM »
Hi,
i could try this tomorrow.

It seems that the complete milling after the error gets shifted about 1cm toward -Y.

The job display doesn't show this either, only the pcb gets trashed.
Hmm I think i will try another G-Code converter just to be sure. At second thougt, i think it could be the point where the second pass starts.

Thank You
Adrian
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2008, 11:47:01 PM »
Hi,
i could try this tomorrow.

It seems that the complete milling after the error gets shifted about 1cm toward -Y.

The job display doesn't show this either, only the pcb gets trashed.
Hmm I think i will try another G-Code converter just to be sure. At second thougt, i think it could be the point where the second pass starts.

Thank You
Adrian

Hi Adrian,
  Please let me know what you find out about this.
After the shift happens, if you move to the (0, 0, 0) point, is it off 1cm also? If so, you could be losing steps in Y.

Regards,
  JJ