Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:35:47 AM

Author Topic: input not working????  (Read 3156 times)

input not working????
« on: January 31, 2008, 11:13:10 PM »
ok, so i am just now getting my system up and running and can not get the inputs to work.

I have the parallel port set to ECP(have tried bi-directional)

I am running the cnc4pc breakout board for gecko's with g320's

I have motion and all my outputs work, however the inputs, thought the led's on the BOB work correctly are not recognized by my computer. 

I am running winxp.  Any thoughts?  Would the windows firewall be a culprit? 

Help!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: input not working????
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2008, 03:04:19 AM »
Please attach your xml file, you will find it in the Mach3 folder on your drive. You will have to copy it (for example to your desktop) and rename it before posting or the forum will not accept it.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2008, 12:32:03 PM »
ok, here is the file.  I just loaded mach 3 on another laptop and get the same results. 

If I change the active hi / lo on the inputs, then they change status in the diagnostics screen...(ie. when set active hi, the diagnostic screen thinks all my home switches are active, when i change them to active lo, then they all turn off)

I am running an IBM t30 and tried it on a compaq presario 2100 as well with identical results...what gives????

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 05:05:44 PM »
Sorry for not getting back sooner, missed that you had posted. Looked at yur xml and it seems fine. I dont know anything about your type of breakout but maybe the LEDs are on the switch side of things and the signal is not passing through the breakout. Try checking with a voltmeter and make sure. If they are then check your parallel port cable is a straight through cable, some are crossovers.
Hood