Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:12:15 PM

Author Topic: Mach-3  (Read 7487 times)

Mach-3
« on: November 26, 2005, 01:55:38 PM »
Hello
I am running a K2 39-25 router with Mach-2  servo system
I would like to go over to Mach-3 My question is does anybody have a conf. file that works
I am having a problem transferring the set-up file?

Thanks Steve

Art

Re: Mach-3
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 02:59:13 PM »
Hi Steve:

The troble woudl be that you cant us e a MAch2 xml file with Mach3. Hopefully someone out there has a config file thats close, otherwise, youll have to set it up one item at a time. Thats generally not too bad though, only takes about 10-20 minutes depending on complexity..

Thanks
Art
\
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2005, 03:30:07 PM »
Thank's Art
I hope someone has this file
                        Thanks Steve
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 12:56:43 PM »
Brian, is the 'Teach mode' operational? If it is I could not figure out how to use it. Mike
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 02:53:04 PM »
IT is running and I am going to do a video on it as soon as I get my new computer with a web cam :) I am going to teach using the web cam  :o

The computer is on the way and I am looking for a web cam now... Would it help if I just did a quick video on it with out the new stuff?

Thank you
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 03:08:16 PM »
Brian,

Sure, if that is not too much trouble. My issue is, I opened the 1.4 wizard and I see a screen. Then I hit Rapid move (because other buttons told me so ;) and I tried to click on the red framed area. The frame keeps rotating and i am lsot. Have no clue what is going on. I read that I could follow a trace but how to get htat trace? Nothing is in hte files... Just to let you know how I  (don't) see it. Mike
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2005, 07:10:22 PM »
I would like to thank mikezcnc & barker806 for your good answers to my question. i did not think it was so hard
of a problem?  Over the years I have sent many people good information about a problem they were having
even if I  thought they were lazy but sent them anyway.

Is this forum about solving problems or busting balls?

Sorry for my bad spelling and grammer.

Steve
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 07:25:21 PM »
Steve,

I am new to this group and I saw a file folder with Mach3 label so thought that it was a public leatory for all Mach3 questions- sorry but your file buzzed by my eyes without a trace. Now that I have seen your questions after you have pointed it to  me :) I can tell you that it is very easy to 'create' that file. Notice that I am writing 'create" and not create... Brian creats... Art creats but we mortals can only either calculate the values for that file or guess them.

Either way, it is simple and takes me only few minutes on my machine because I have not learned to save that file.

There are two things that go into that file: pinouts and you should have those numbers anyway and frequencies calculated (or guessed - I am a good guesser) from pitch, ratio itp. I am sure that is not the answer you expected but if I were you I would abandon an idea of waiting for that file to appear. Not gonna happen. Good luck!  Mike
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 08:43:07 PM »
I would like to thank mikezcnc & barker806 for your good answers to my question. i did not think it was so hard
of a problem?  Over the years I have sent many people good information about a problem they were having
even if I  thought they were lazy but sent them anyway.

Is this forum about solving problems or busting balls?

Sorry for my bad spelling and grammer.

Steve

Srteve,
I don't know about busting balls... we do like to have fun and help where we can. I know I did not reply to you question as Art had posted to it. On the other hand Mike posted so I figured I would do what could (My bad for helping).  As for your problem could you ask the people that sell the router OR we could help you convert some of your settings. The Max Vel in Mach 2 was in Units Per Sec and in Mach 3 it is Units Per Min... This is going to be off by * 60. All the other stuff you should be able to write down on paper and enter it. If you are truly having trouble I could help change over the file for you. It would take me about 30min and I could have all the settings for you machine changed over.

thanks
Brian

www.machsupport.com
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2005, 07:36:42 PM »
Steve I have uploaded a file in the "      Need a little help to just get the motors moving " thread. this one seemed to work for David and I think it will help you with your settings.

Hope that Helps
Brian

www.machsupport.com