Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:12:26 PM

Author Topic: SheetCAM Gcode will not run in Mach3  (Read 6387 times)

SheetCAM Gcode will not run in Mach3
« on: January 30, 2008, 03:21:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

I recently started using SheetCAM, and I have generated some G code using it. However, for reasons that I can't seem to figure out, it will not run on my machine under Mach3 Mill, while G code generated with Lazy Cam runs just fine. I selected the Mach2 post processer in SheetCAM because there is no available option for Mach3. I suppose that the problem lies in the post processor, but I am not familiar enough with G Code to see what it is. I have attached one of each of the files. the inner plate file was made by Lazy Cam and it works; the anti-rotation collar was made with SheetCAM and it does not work. I would really appreciate it if any experts out there could tell me what it wrong.

Jim

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: SheetCAM Gcode will not run in Mach3
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 07:46:21 AM »
When you say it doesnt work, what do you mean as it seems to run fine here.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:20:06 AM »
You don't give a lot away about what's actually happening - "it doesn't work" is a little vague  ;D

On my system where I have IJ mode set to absolute by default I get error: "Radius to end of arc differs from radius to startLine 78". I checked the I J arguments on line 780 (Mach allways misses the last digit off a line number for some reason) and sure enough they're incremental. Switching mode to IJ inc the error moves on to: "Process: Outside offset outside. Mill/Router. 0.25 inch diameter. 0.75 inch Deep" which means nothing to me - perhaps someone else can take it from here.

Cheers

Ian
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 10:15:14 PM »
Sorry for being vague. I don't know why, but when I reloaded it today, it ran fine. Operator error, I would say. Thanks for the help. What I noticed when I was having the problem is that the code would load into the code window, but the graphic would not appear and when I started the cycle, I got no response from the machine, even though it was moving through the code.
JIm