Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 10:31:29 PM

Author Topic: x will move on its own  (Read 5144 times)

x will move on its own
« on: January 30, 2008, 10:35:26 AM »
i am having a problem with the x after a jog will take some steps after it has stopped for a few seconds.and also you can not input a move say go x 5.00 into mdi and you get a message(unknown word where unary operation could be) im not trying to pea on it honest all though it deserves it .im new to this cnc stuff and trying to get my square coloum mill going .ive not been able to get this thing to except any g code .i get the same error message if i try to write a little program in notebook and then load the file into g code. its driving me nutts need some help please!!!!!!!!!!! ???

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: x will move on its own
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
Your 0s have to be zeros (numeric) and not an O (letter).

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2008, 12:08:39 PM »
Your 0s have to be zeros (numeric) and not an O (letter).

Brett      hi brett thanks for aswering i checked what you said they were zeros and it still wont take it .any outher ideas i just reinstalled mach it fixed the motor moving problem but not the  g code problem. i hope i am doining htis posting the right way if not please tell me so thanks dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2008, 04:34:18 PM »
can you post the code you are trying.
Hood

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 09:30:54 AM »
i'm guessing that Brett is correct and you've misunderstood which zero he's talking about - he means the zero after the g not the two zeros after the 5. i.e. g0 not go.
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 11:08:11 AM »
you guys where right it was the loose (nut behind the wheel )i was doing exactly as you said sorry for the inconveinence.i do how ever have anouther ? when you down load a file into mach from cam software i am confused about how to set up the machine in mach. do i download the file and then set set upthe machine to x y z cord by touch method and then using edit put those into the g file code ahead of the program.I am kind of lost here don't wish to have a big crash on my maiden voyage here.yhanks dusty

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 04:28:51 PM »
If you have home switches fitted you home the machine when you start, this then lets Mach know where the machines 0 position is for each axis. You can then Jog each axis to where you want to start your work (G codes zero position) and then just zero each axis by pressing the button at the side of them. This will now be your work offset zero position and you can start cutting from there. The actual Machine zero is still at your home position, its just that you have now told Mach that the new zero psition is an offset.
Hope this makes sense.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 07:42:09 PM »
thank you that explains it .i do have home and limit switches i built the cnc conversion my self it seems to be working fine now.is it common for cad/cam programs to have errors in there g code mach keeps finding errors in it and wont run it.or is there some kind of filter device within mach that needs my attention.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 08:53:17 PM »
I think you may need to tweak your post processor or pick another. There are some settings in Mach relating to acceptable code as well though. Can you post the section of code and the message?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2008, 10:08:53 PM »
sorry it took so long to get back was out of town turned out to be a bad driver it finally blew and that solve the problem .replaced it with a vampire works great now thanks to everyone for your help