Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 03:44:32 PM

Author Topic: Screen design requirements with latest development versions  (Read 5986 times)

Hi,

Sometimes I find myself stumbling over to the Mach Yahoo support section. After a mind numbing experience I find I can manage to escape back in time to this great forum ;)

I remember reading that there had been changes to the screen requierments with the latest development releases.

I'm trying Version 1.90.030 and now find that the screen set Mr Bean and myself are working in does not auto enlarge correctly if selected in the State page.

The screen does scale but ends up cramped to the top left.

I have deleted any objects I can see that are outside of the visible screen area but it still does not scale correctly.

I've tried searching the Yahoo section but cannot find the post on the new requirements.

Has anyone knowledge on this ?

Thanks.

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
Re: Screen design requirements with latest development versions
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 07:51:46 AM »
Hi:
  This is my fault. SOme of the new features of the upcoming screend designer addin forced me to change the way things scale. The new method looks at each object and figues out its maximim size. It then scales the screen by the % change fro your displays size and the largest oibject.

Are you sure there is nothing at the extreme of the cramped side? Send me the screen if you like, and Ill see if I can fix the bahavious.. This happens when I much in the screen design stages, but in this case, it was necessary for me to do it to add more toys for all you artistic types...

Thanks
Art
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:12:03 AM »
Art,

How do we use "offscreen" objects to gain their functionality without having the object ON screen--as we have done since S/d's inception.

It has been common to place objects offscreen in this way--jog being perhaps the most comon example.

Do all such screens now need to be reconfigured?

How do we place such an "invisible" control?

Thank you in advance,

Ballendo

P.S. Glad to see the LED update!

Hi:
  This is my fault. SOme of the new features of the upcoming screend designer addin forced me to change the way things scale. The new method looks at each object and figues out its maximim size. It then scales the screen by the % change fro your displays size and the largest oibject.

Are you sure there is nothing at the extreme of the cramped side? Send me the screen if you like, and Ill see if I can fix the bahavious.. This happens when I much in the screen design stages, but in this case, it was necessary for me to do it to add more toys for all you artistic types...

Thanks
Art

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 09:47:42 AM »
B:

As yet, you cant. The zoom was important and there was no way to diferentiate. Jog is about the only one that was important, so only an invisable button, (bitmap button with no image) will do that job at the moment..

Art
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 11:47:32 AM »
Art,

Thanks for the offer to look at the screenset. I have attached the .set file.

The graphics are all flat jpgs that I can send if required.

I have scanned the area outside 1024 * 768 but still see nothing.

We would really appreciate any help resolving this as the MachBlue screenset is near completion.

Thanks !

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 02:01:49 PM »
Hi:

Im still analysing, but just a design note for you, on your screen selection buttons, if you check the "Displays on all screens" then you only need one copy of them, AND they will select the proper page when in Screen4.. ( I just nooticed the redudancy is all, and I find it handy to just press them to jump around..)

Art

Ill let you know in a bit..

Offline ART

•  1,702 1,702
  • Tough as soggy paper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 02:49:38 PM »
Hi Guys:

Download 1.90.031 again. I just upgraded it with a fix. Turns out some 5 controls had very weird numbers in therir sizes..liek -512 to +512 as Y size.. This kille dit, and you never say they were on the screen. Ive applied a "weird number filter" , it will kill controls that are bad. It now loads the "Blue Screens"

Thanks, hope it helps,
Art
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 03:42:31 PM »
Art,

Absolutetly brilliant support !

The new .031 release has fixed the problem. But not only that the new Hi-Res screen feature works extremely well. It's about 10 seconds for the MachBlue screen to load but the 1024 * 768 image when scaled to 1280 * 1024 looks very crisp. We will change the screen selection buttons as advised.

I've also had chance to play with the new LED feature and they work great !

Thanks very much.

Shaun