Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 12:07:20 PM

Author Topic: rapid override pot that not linked to feed overide  (Read 5041 times)

rapid override pot that not linked to feed overide
« on: January 27, 2008, 06:15:30 PM »
I am new to this like all of us at first. I want a rapid over ride as well as feed over ride to use on my boxford tcl 125. is it possable and how can some one put me in the right direction please. I am using modio board and 2 of the analog ports with 12 steps on the feed pot with resistors between steps to give me 10% steps and 4 steps on the rapid so i get 25% on the rapid so i get 0,25,50,100 this would be great to testing out programs so it does not rapid in to jobs.while i,m on the subject the other thing i what to do is set up the turret to work on my lathe as well. it is a 8 station turret that is stepper driven . it index's just past the station the reverses back to lock. it has no feed back ( i think i can rig something up if needed) how do i go about this as well please put me in the right direction.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:30:13 PM by skippysmt »

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: rapid override pot that not linked to feed overide
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:09:15 PM »
Read John Prentices Article on the Mach Wiki, under customization or pendants cant remember which one, OR, ask Peter Holman the inventor of the Modbus board.

scott
fun times
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 05:22:54 PM »
I am new to this like all of us at first. I want a rapid over ride as well as feed over ride to use on my boxford tcl 125. is it possable and how can some one put me in the right direction please. I am using modio board and 2 of the analog ports with 12 steps on the feed pot with resistors between steps to give me 10% steps and 4 steps on the rapid so i get 25% on the rapid so i get 0,25,50,100 this would be great to testing out programs so it does not rapid in to jobs.while i,m on the subject the other thing i what to do is set up the turret to work on my lathe as well. it is a 8 station turret that is stepper driven . it index's just past the station the reverses back to lock. it has no feed back ( i think i can rig something up if needed) how do i go about this as well please put me in the right direction.

Hi,

I don't think that Mack has a feedrate override for rapid speed movements. If it did it would be quite straight forward to use the 3rd ModIO analog input to set the DRO.

You may need to ask Brian if the DRO exists. If it doesn't, mabe he could add it in.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2008, 04:51:07 AM »
You asked :-

"while i,m on the subject the other thing i what to do is set up the turret to work on my lathe as well. it is a 8 station turret that is stepper driven . it index's just past the station the reverses back to lock. it has no feed back ( i think i can rig something up if needed) how do i go about this as well please put me in the right direction."

Have a look at this :-

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EOueR7gOe0-F2FvkdK4jIULLLRGBN7_tjWDjJjqW6n1sfiE1LdW20Atn_ANCWq2MWbpdh8qFi8nHXWuQ4RCGJzd7rwkxTzU/TCL%20Turret%20Video.txt

I posted this in the files section of the Yahoo Mach group when Mark Vaughan asked for more information.

Ian
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2008, 08:19:55 PM »
Just today Brian announced he is working on a Rapid Override control as he is doing some rewriting of the Feed override. Its all new, promised for a future version. See the yahoo group messages to follow the progress.