Hello Guest it is March 18, 2024, 11:36:26 PM

Author Topic: Capturing Encoder DRO's?  (Read 2509 times)

Capturing Encoder DRO's?
« on: January 26, 2008, 07:22:52 PM »
Can some point me in the right direction on how to make this happen:  I want to be able to save the encoder dro values that are in the setting tab (OEMDRO#x= 29,y=30)   in a way that they can be loaded in to a cad program to be used there.  Basically like a digitizer.  So i would go to a position press a button then x and y value is stored then next point and so on.   I can figure out the button part but not sure where to send the dro values to be stored?

Thanks

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Capturing Encoder DRO's?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »
Dennis - I am not sure - but Vis Basic might meet your needs - although I do not know how. I assume Vis Basic can open a file to save data, and as all the usual Basic functions, will be able to append information.

The information you require is readily available - e.g. xpos = GetDro(0) - which puts the information in xpos. DRO(1) is y, DRO(2) is z, I assume 3,4,5 are a,b,c.

All you need is the syntax to open a file, record the info and close the file.  Without fiddling about, I don't know how - but I'm sure someone else on the forum will.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.