Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:07:12 PM

Author Topic: What does the "To Go" button do?  (Read 30126 times)

Re: What does the "To Go" button do?
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 05:01:22 AM »
Hello Everybody,

Despite the answers given in this topic, me too, I still don't know what to "Go to" button is meant to do.
Can anyone explain ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 07:19:45 AM »
It shows the distance to go on a commanded move rather than the position you are at.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2010, 08:09:24 AM »
Many thanks Hood. This is crisp and clear.
Wilfoude
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2010, 08:26:21 AM »
eco, i get the feeling what you need is to be shown the use of mach3 on a machine. If you give your location there may be a member close to you willing to spend a few hours with you either at your machine or thiers.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
Sorry I was a little confusing.

In Vcarve I use the bottom left corner as my home position when I draw up parts.  So I jog my z to that position on my work and lower the z to almost touch the work.  Then press the Zero x,y,z.

I have all the buttons under the DRO display turned off. I do not use home switches. I played with the “Go To” once and the z when off on it own so have not played with it again. (I too will have to do some reading, I think I should have the soft limits turn on.)

After you position your z axis to the home position on your work, pushing the zero x,y,x tell Mach3 that is the home position to start from.  After your part is cut Mach 3 will move your x,y,z back to your start position. 

If anyone sees me giving the wrong info, please jump in and correct.

I'm new to CNC also, and this post and replies was very helpful to me. Now I think I know how to set my machine up to get started.

Thanks Mike  ;)
Mike Kearns
noveltysigncarver.com