Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:14:52 AM

Author Topic: Noise during auto tool zero  (Read 4723 times)

Noise during auto tool zero
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:56:34 AM »
I have just configured my machine to use auto tool zero, and the system works fine if i connect a switch to the assigned pin and grounds it, but as soon as i connect the cable going from my cabinet to the junction box there must be some interference that gives a signal to the pin, cause it stops the feed and retracts as it was to hit the touch plate.

I hvae tried to increase the debounce up to 5000 but no difference.

Another thing that happened is that I have a button on my control panel for homing, and a couple of times after i have tried the zeroing using the button directly on my printercable, is that it suddenly starts homing....

I disabled this pin input and it didn´t happen again.

The funny thing is that even if only the cable is connected and not the touch plate it still gets the signal (noise)rather imideately

Anyone care to guess?

Best reg
Cory

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Noise during auto tool zero
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 03:52:36 PM »
G'day Cory

First thing, if you are using a reasonably current version of Mach3 then the debounce does not affect the probe input.

My touch plate picks up a lot of noise and is unusable if I don't have a pullup resistor on the input.  With it, it is rock solid.

Value of the resistor is dependent on whether the input is isolated, buffered or direct to LPT.

You can also put a capacitor on the input but this has the effect of slowing down the signal.  Not ideal for this but some have it working successfully.

Greg
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:12:05 PM »
Thanx Greg

I am running the input directly on the printerport (dont haave any pare on my BOB)

ANy idea what size of resistor i should put in? Connection diagram?

BTW I am running v2.60

Best reg
Cory
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008, 04:14:53 PM by corydoras »

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 04:28:50 PM »
Cory

I've not done connections direct to LPT.  I'm not sure of the implications or where to source the 5v.

I'll have to leave this one for someone with more electronic savvy.  :)

If you could use an input on the BOB would be better I think.

Greg
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 03:34:46 AM »
I´ve been thinking about mabye switching my emergency stop inputon the BOB with the probe, and put the emergency on the other pin/port, and try this.

Then I would have a pullup resistor on my probe input

Thanx man

Best reg
Cory
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:14:03 AM »
Hmmmmm. I tried this, but still no correct function.

Best reg
cory
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »
I tried hooking it up with a seperate cable, and then it worked fine......ok well that solves it.

thanx guys

Best reg
Cory
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
Well....for how long did Adam stay in Paradise...?

It is now back to noise problems, (guess I didnt test it to many times before writing solved all over this post9

i have found a way to overcome it by putting an opto coupler on 24 volts and using a switch, but then I would have to design a mushroom shaped steady switch, that doesnt build to much in height.

Would reslly love to have just the simple plate that grounds to hte bit.

Havent found any good schematics on this pullup resistor, or the size of it for running directly on the printer port.

Would sure appriciate some help here

Best reg
Cory