Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:46:52 PM

Author Topic: Lazycam Not duplicating  (Read 4765 times)

Lazycam Not duplicating
« on: January 22, 2008, 05:31:26 AM »
Hi All

I have drawn a shape in Rhino, copied it and rotated it and exported it to DXF for opening in Lazycam. The clone will not pocket correctly but the first drawn will. See attach screenshot. Anybody got any clues?

Regards

Noel

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Lazycam Not duplicating
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 05:06:15 PM »
l-cam has some bugs you have to learn to work around them.
try exporting you original to dxf.import into l-cam do your pocketing then rotate your drawing.

bill
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
Bill,

Have you tried exporting the file as R12 AutoCad version of the DXF? I use Rhino too, and it uses NURBS (Non-uniform Rational B-Splines) as it is method creating models. Rhino is great! NURBS saves a lot of space when creating models, because it is a mathematical short-hand for curves.  Saving as an older version of AutoCAD shoulld avoid the problem. My bet would be that Rhino is taking a shortcut for the duplicate and that is causing the problem. If that doesn't work, post a copy of the DXF and someone here can try to convert it to get good toolpath on it for you.

Ergoman
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 07:04:54 PM »
Cannot send .3dm files so here is the dxf. Hope you can nut it out as I don't want to learn RhinoCam for such a simple cut.

Kind Regards

Noel

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:37:57 PM »
wildgrav

i cleaned up your file a little and saved it as a l-cam file.see if this helps.

bill
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 11:43:25 PM »
Surround yourself with people smarter than yourself I always say. Looks perfect. When she who must be obeyed wakes up I'll run it. How did you clean it up?

Thanks

Noel ;D
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:24:22 AM »
Bill do you know why MACH3 cannot swallow commands M3 M9. Error comes up saying bad code on line #

Noel

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 12:57:02 AM »
Noel

you had a lot of broken chains ,l-cam will get stuck when they are like that.the more you draw the better you will get at drawing tight chains.just a learning process.
as far as m3 and m9 go i really do not know what to telll you.after i generate and post a code all that stuff will be edited to what i need.so i never noticed if it was good
or bad.the main thing that i have noticed is that when you edit a line of code make sure you do a carriage return.because it might skip that line when you run it

bill