Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 12:35:04 AM

Author Topic: odd problem  (Read 2713 times)

odd problem
« on: January 20, 2008, 08:51:43 AM »
I am in the process of building a new CNC plasma table so I am currently running the trial version of Mach 3 plasma to test out my axis movement. I am running into an odd problem though. When using Mach 3 Plasma I can control the Y axis, but I get no movement from the X axis. After swapping a bunch of stuff around I determined that the driver and motors were all OK. I also checked all the port and motor tuning setup and still no success. On a hunch though I tried Mach 3 mill and everything worked just fine. I cross checked all the settings in mill back to what I had in plasma and it matched, but still no luck with the X axis on the plasma version??

Any suggestions?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: odd problem
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2008, 11:08:25 AM »
Can you attach your xml for both mill and plasma please. You will have to rename then to something like wiwoodsMill.xml, wiwoodsPlasma.xml  or the forum will not accept them.
Hood
Re: odd problem
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2008, 04:36:59 PM »
Took one last look at it, and not sure how it relates, but on the port setup screen on the right there is I believe a MAC-NC check box or something like that that was checked. Just on a whim I unchecked it and everything works now!

Still have to figure out why my files from sheet cam don't scale right, but that falls under the category of rtfm so I need to do a little homework yet, but at least I can drive my axis and get back to work on the mechanicals.

Thanks for the response

Craig