Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:21:46 AM

Author Topic: threading on lathe  (Read 3713 times)

threading on lathe
« on: January 18, 2008, 04:06:38 AM »
Dear All

I am using Mach3 for my lathe application. Can anybody tell me that how can i make thread and turning both in a single job in any CAM software. and how it will be converted into gcode? i can not use a threading wizard of MACH as it will give code only for threading while i want threading and turning both in a single job. Please help me.

thanks
Sanlee

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
Re: threading on lathe
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2008, 04:24:49 AM »
Sanlee,

you can build up a series of operations, using the wizards. To do this you must save each operation separately, then cut & paste them together using notepad, or whatever text editor you use. The combined code must then be edited to remove unwanted operations, such as intermediate M30's ( program rewind  ). If you need to have different tools for each operation, make sure that they are called at the start of each operation, along with the appropriate spindle speed.
This can all be done from within Mach, without leaving the program.

Tony
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 05:38:15 AM »
Thankyou verymuch Tony

You are the first one who helped me. Now please do me one more favour i have designed one job for turning into autocad and saved as  dxf. Now i am opening it into the LCAM as turning. then before doing it autoclean, i set the x=0 and y=0 (it does not show z). then doing clean and convert. after that selecting the tool for roughing and finishing and then pressing Pro Demo. No Gcode. on pressing this it is displaying the toolpath. Now my problem is that it does not creat a gcode for Mach3 turning even if i press Post Code key. Or if i am wrong then let me know how to creat post code and open it into Mach turn.

Thanks
Sanlee

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 05:44:05 AM »
Sanlee,
I think that you need a license to post code for turn - tough, I know, but it's not very expensive.
Don't expect too much from the Lazycam in turn. It's still beta software and doesn't always produce the result you'd expect. Check the toolpath carefully for dangerous moves.

Tony
« Last Edit: January 18, 2008, 05:56:46 AM by TonyP »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:46:05 AM »
Hi, Sanlee

In LazyCam X and Y dxf profile in, Post's G-code X and Z format out, It's lazy.

And as Tony stated, To post Turn G-code you need the Pro Lic.

Thanks, Chip

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2008, 06:43:08 AM »
Thanks Tony

Please let me know that which license you are talking for? i have license MAch3 and OS windos XP is also licensed. Which another licese should i have and from where i should get?

Thanks

Sanlee

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »
Hi Sanlee,

the license is for LazyCam Pro. If you look on the Artsoft website, you'll find a link to buy it.

Tony