Hello Guest it is March 19, 2024, 06:54:46 AM

Author Topic: Assigning output for dust skirt  (Read 3607 times)

Assigning output for dust skirt
« on: January 17, 2008, 04:27:09 PM »
I have mounted a pneumatic dust skirt that I want to control via an output in mach3 ,when I start the cycle, and return after end program

I am running the solenoid throu a PLC, and only need info on how to assign/configure the output

Didnt seem to find any info on this when I watched the input/output video here on the site

Thanx in advance

Best reg
Cory

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Assigning output for dust skirt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 05:55:30 PM »
Not sure I understand but if its just the pin and port address you need then it will be whatever output it is on your PLC and the port will be 0. Example I have an OEM trigger input set up as Port 0 and Pin 16, this is because its Input 16 on my PLC.

Hood
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2008, 12:25:27 AM »
Ok, mabye a little confusing, how do I configure an output to be on during cycle run only?
(the output triggers a 5vdc relay that gives 24vdc on my plc input that again operates the solenoid)

in other words:is it possible to configure selected output pins in ports and pins to do what I want during mach operation?:)

best reg
Cory

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008, 02:02:55 AM »
Cory
 that should be easy enough to do if you use a Brain. Just write a Brain to look for example the Run LED and when its on to do the Output you want.
Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008, 09:33:05 AM »
Hi Cory

In Ports & Pins, Spindle Setup, M3 turns spindle ON, Output 2, You could use it to turn on both spindle & Dust Skirt, M5 at end of G-code will turn them off.

Then in Ports & Pins, Outputs, assign Output# 2,  Printer Port it's Port 1, Pin's 2-9, 1, 14, 16, 17 to standalone plc input.

For ModBus it's Port 0, then use Brains.

Look at modbus and braines section for examples.

Maybe a starting point, Not sure which way you want to go.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008, 10:09:58 AM »
Thanx guys, the brain writing was a blast, I´ll be using this for many many operations.....never knew it existed......thats the best part of this forum and Mach3 , always something to learn, everyday.

Youre right chip, actually started thinking of this as I was writing a brain, I have now done it this way, less wiring, and it saves an output on the printer port

Ill post some pictures/video of the pneumatic dust skirt in action

Best reg
Cory