Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 06:03:25 AM

Author Topic: MaxNC not working!! No movement.  (Read 14095 times)

Re: MaxNC not working!! No movement.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2006, 05:15:22 PM »
do you have a msn or aim screen name?
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 05:17:21 PM »
If you are getting it to reset you need to look at the diagnostics screen (lower right) and see if jog is on and jog mode is continuous.

Darek
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2006, 05:24:49 PM »
it moves the numbers , like the coordinates or watever but it doesnt move the motors or anything. do you have a msn or aim???
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2006, 05:41:22 PM »
Make sure you have your port set to the same setting in CL mode that moved the motors in wave mode. If you do and it still does not move then you need some way to test the pins of the printer port for activity. I included a sample off a simple tester.

Sorry no MSN or AIM

Darek
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2006, 12:15:14 PM »
is there anything else i can do, i dont have the little resister or whatever to put on a led to test my pins. Also just to remind you i have encoders and i was woundering if you have to setup the pins and ports for those even though you dont have to set them up for the motors (because of the maxnc mode)
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2006, 01:25:29 PM »
When you are in MaxNC CL mode you have 2 output signals for each motor X,Y,Z & A. There is one input signal that goes back to indicate servo OK (These pins and functions are all preselected when in the MaxNC CL mode.).  The encoder feedback is all handled in the MaxNC electronics. There are parameters that are set in the MaxNC controller with their sofware. Have you had it running with there software satisfactory?

You can usually use just the LED for a quick test.

Here is a link for the MaxNC CL mode pinout.
http://machsupport.com/forum/index.php?topic=202.0

Darek
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2006, 01:38:09 PM »
actually i recieved this from my uncle and he lost the software so we called and they said they would send us the software but when they did i guess they didnt send us all of the software.
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2006, 03:03:40 PM »
MaxNC software for that machine when installed should make a file on your C:/ drive named MAXNC_S. If it is Plain MAXNC with no _S it is the wrong software. The .DAT files in the correct software contain the parameters and are loaded at the beginning of each session is my understanding.

Darek
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2006, 03:25:42 PM »
ya i dont have that......anything else i can do??
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2006, 06:03:57 PM »
ok so i put an led into the pins 5 and 4 on which are the y axis and when i tapped the jogg buttons it turned the light on and then it when off after i pushed it but then sometimes it would stay on untill i tapped it again. So i think my ports are all working and everything but im not sure why my motors arnt moving. Also, theres a pic of my motors and controller just incase.