Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:16:20 AM

Author Topic: MaxNC not working!! No movement.  (Read 14089 times)

MaxNC not working!! No movement.
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »
I have a maxnc 10 or 15 I think and I wanted to use mach 2 or 3. When I try to use the maxnc mode or watever it doesnt seem to work and i dont know how to set up the pins or anything either. I have no idea wats wrong. I think my port is right. i have it set at 0x378 or something close to that and thats what it said on the video tutorial. Please help!! ???

IM confused!!
Re: MaxNC not working!! No movement.
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 04:54:59 PM »
Are you looking for the pinout? What point are you at?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 04:58:25 PM »
I was wanting to use that maxnc mode but i dont know if that works with mine or not. I dont have anything input anymore because nothing i tried worked so im starting at the beginning
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 08:53:37 PM »
I am just starting with my maxnc also.
When the mach3 program was runing the motors were energised ( the handwheels were stiff)
My problem was the estop. I went into the config screen and changed the default setting for active hi/lo.

ynneb

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2006, 03:40:48 AM »
Try reading through all this stuff about Max nc. I know others have used it and it has worked for them.
You would have found links to this stuff if you had read the other posts I suggested b4.

See the attached folder
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2006, 08:33:46 AM »
no i have the motors turning but i have two motors running off the x for some reason and one off the z and when i press the y it like disabbles all the motors untill i get the y into a certain position then the motors get back to moving. Also i have encoders...
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2006, 02:32:31 PM »
If you have encoders on your MaxNC you need to use the Max CL Mode enabled setting. It sounds like you are using the Max NC-10 Wave Drive setting. It has four signal wires per motor and your setup only uses two (that is why two motors are moving together.).

Darek
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2006, 04:46:39 PM »
but when i have it set in maxnc cl mode I couldnt get them to move at all.....
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2006, 05:08:32 PM »
If you are trying to jog with the #pad make sure NumLK is off.

Darek
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2006, 05:09:51 PM »
im jogging with the regular pointer arrow thingys