Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:25:02 AM

Author Topic: Lathe tool offset number dro or the yy of Txxyy command  (Read 3370 times)

Offline drew

•  79 79
    • View Profile
Lathe tool offset number dro or the yy of Txxyy command
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:14:23 AM »
Hi Drew:

The number is used during the call to get the offset, but it isnt stored I dont think, Ill add it to my list to add one for you.. last used or something..

Thanks,
Art

Is there any news on if this is in the works or done. Its stanard on most lathes to know what offset you are using. It makes it hard to adjust offsets in the tool table if you don't know it.
Thanks Drew 
If I had something important to say it would be here.

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
Re: Lathe tool offset number dro or the yy of Txxyy command
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 01:25:11 AM »
Any news on this? Does anybody know if there is such a DRO available to add to my lathe screen?

Daniel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 03:09:36 AM »
No news, supposed to be getting added for Rev4 but when that will be I have no idea.
Hood

Offline Dan13

•  1,208 1,208
    • View Profile
    • DY Engineering
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:52:20 AM »
Thanks for the info, Hood. For some reason I had thought that this was very basic and existed. After I didn't find it in your OEM codes list, I found the above reply by Art.

Using extensively the MDI with different offsets for same tool makes it difficult to track the offsets. And like it has been noted above, setting the tool table becomes tricky when not knowing the current offset.

Daniel

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2010, 04:46:59 AM »
Yes its a pain in the arse and is one of my requests for Turn when Brian eventually gets round to working on it. It was supposed to be started about 10 months ago but Rev 4 Mill has taken a lot longer than he anticipated so when it will happen I have no idea.

Hood