Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:36:55 PM

Author Topic: L-cam post Gcode not working  (Read 5141 times)

L-cam post Gcode not working
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:07:40 PM »
First time user.
Recently purchased Mach3 and add-ons.  The "Using Mach3 Mill" pdf manual shows a file import DXF directly into Mach3 I can not find this import option section 6.7.  I have version R3.01.  Also Lazy Cam does not Post Gcode after the first time.  I can open a DXF and Post Gcode to Mach3, then when I make changes in Lazy Cam or close and reopen and try to post again it indicates that the file has been written but it does not exist and does not load into Mach3.  I have searched the Forums but have not found an answer.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: L-cam post Gcode not working
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 07:46:14 PM »
I don't think DXFs can be imported directly into Mach any more. As far as lazy cam, I would download and install the latest Mach and the LC that comes with it. Back up your xml and any custom screen sets or macros you might have.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 07:22:49 AM »
Brett,
Thanks forthe reply.  I have reinstalled M3 and LC.  I can bring a dxf into LC and then post code successfully.  I can even add text and post gcode.  But when I try offset or pocketing it seems to preform the operations in LC but will not post gcode.  It is as if pocketing and offset does not work, and after attempting these operation the file is corrupted and you need start over.  It is a shame these operations do not work.  I know LC is free with M3 but these are two very important operations and LC does not seem very useful without these even if it is free.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 08:10:38 AM »
cpcbman,
I believe you have to purchase the LazyCam license separately.
Pocketing and offsets will not post code without it.
RC
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 08:54:33 AM by Overloaded »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:20:24 PM »
I think you are right RC.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2008, 10:03:21 PM »
I have the same issue. I bought it yesterday and re-installed it 3 times. I did in buy the lazy cam but I was told it was just limited. All i have is a simple chain of a couple of lines and arcs.

Please help, dying to use my new machine.
Dave

scottn

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2008, 07:50:56 AM »
Hi Dave,

Did you try to use any of the Pro-level features (pocketting, offsetting, etc)?  If you just tried to generate some toolpaths from your DXF, with no modification, it should have posted fine...

thanks,

scott