Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:26:18 PM

Author Topic: Servo taig help needed  (Read 11641 times)

Re: Servo taig help needed
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »
The Development Update is currently a full install. 
That’s the 3.01 version I’m using,  so I’ll give the speed adjustment a shot maybe the 35k or higher.   It maybe disabled still but the buttons aren’t grayed out.

Will give the higher Acceleration a try too.

responded to PM, thanks.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008, 11:06:15 PM »

The only real help I got from the manufacturer was the XML file that was setup for a machine with different motors and limits but basically wired the same.  He did tell me that the motor should be set to one millisecond.

I tried setting it up for 45k.  it still ran.  two of the axis sounded crisp and healthy.

I tried setting the Pulse speed to one Millisecond.  It ran fine.

My X axis ran great for about 10 min then started sounding like a rock tumbler filled with chain.  It has been hot to the touch a couple of times so I think it has a short.   

OK now for the good news:  the two small programs that I have been using benchmark with both ran spot on and beautiful.   So Something is definitely right.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2008, 06:40:14 AM »
Have you tried swapping hardware round between the good axis and the bad one? might find its a bad motor or drive.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »
during the last day or so I got some great help from Chip and have taken all the other advice I could and put it to use.

As it tuns out there were a couple of things to fix:

1. the kernel speed was wrong for the speed of machine I was running and I couldn't change that until I installed the unlocked demo of v.3.01.
Now it's set to 45k and sounds much better.

2. The Step pulse was off.  Going from the manufacturer specs I set it to 1 millisecond and that was causing the X-axis to skip badly.  It had become hot at one point that I noticed but I haven't noticed it since. 
After talking to Chip I understand it's more of the delay time the computer waits for the machine to react.  The Step Pulse and Dir are both at 4 and the machine sounds great!  Movement is crisp and sounds healthy.

I also re-adjusted a servo that was not mounted well, to much gap between couplers.  and checked the others to make sure they were not loose or over tight.   deepgroove1.com had a good video on setting up motors with the same adaptors and that was really helpfull.

Testing with a pencil in a drill chuck the Taig tracked great and repeated a drawing including splines and lines so well that they were just barely darker.

I'm going to test it more over the next day or two and then start working on tooling and maybe a quick change collet system.

Oh and cutting a check to Artsoft so I can thank them and be able to code more than 500 lines.

Thanks for all of your help so far guys, really.    Omega_Sam
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2008, 09:53:12 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm having another problem.   The post processor for GibbsCam I got from here is not working properly.  It has a real problem with circles and arcs for some reason.  it makes them really big and just kind of does it's own thing.   I have access to several different programs to work from thanks to school but I need a good working Post  for MACH3.

Thanks again!

Omega_Sam

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2008, 02:40:32 AM »
Try going to the General config tab and changing the IJ mode
Hood
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2008, 02:59:10 AM »
Yup!   I did some digging in the forums and found that someone else had the same problem.

Switching the IL buttons fixed that.

Now that big thing is to get posting 3D files.  Not sure how to use Gibbs for that.

Is there a preferred Post to uses as a base?    I'd like to get a Post for CAMWORKS, preferably 2007.

Another step in the right direction today, thanks to this forum.

Omega_Sam
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2008, 12:21:45 AM »
Hey guys I'm back yet again.  I fixed the problem of the motors not sounding well and it is moving around OK BUT there is still a problem.

I have been having a problem with repeatability.  When I ask it repeat drawing or cutting something it is drifting over from where it starts from up to 1/16" in X+. the whole drawing is shifted over like that for the second run. then it will drift a little more for a third pass.

Any help on this one?  I really don't know what to do.

Could this be an issue with motor tuning? that is still something I'm not sure about.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2008, 12:36:01 AM »
Sounds like a mechanical slip to me. Like where the motor hooks to the screw, pulley, rack, etc. Can you post a pic of the cuts it is messing up on?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008, 11:23:40 AM »
I tried settign up my old doss box with the supercam software and it drew perfect circles  and repeated them.

I tried re running the drawings in mach and still offsetting on each pass to X+. 

Current Motor settings are 90 IPM max,  45 ACC, and 4 for pulse
Have tried different kernel speeds, with no difference.