Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:23:27 PM

Author Topic: re: milling machine with servos  (Read 5939 times)

re: milling machine with servos
« on: January 09, 2008, 07:51:44 PM »
Hi guy's Happy New Year to all
Well after having some issues with my new drives i have my machine back to together again and running so i guess it's one fight after another until the jobs done so on to the next fight. The machine responds to Mach but the travel is in the wrong direction meaning the drives work reverse simple enough right just go into home and limits and change the direction well i did that and no change so i shut down Mach and rebooted the computer no change same direction tried this several time before i posted this here any ideas as to what could be the problem as always i am indebted to you all for the help my thanks.

Dennis

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: re: milling machine with servos
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 08:01:40 PM »
What version of Mach are you running?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008, 11:12:23 PM »
Hello Dennis,
Allways something.....isn't it ?   :-\
Try this. It will reverse the direction too.  Check or uncheck Dir. LowActive.
Good Luck,
RC
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 10:42:39 AM »
Chip & RC
Tried switching the active low and high same thing no change. Chip just downloaded latest version of Mach I'll see what that dose man it's just crazy what it's doing yup it's always something throwing a wrench in the works.
 Hey one more thing has any work been done on LC for the lathe still waiting for that to get fixed.

Dennis
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 01:28:56 PM »
Dennis,
There is a recent thread running in the LC forum.
Please keep an eye on it and post ANY discoveries, methods or techniques that you may have found that produces desirable results.
Looks like this is all we have for now.
Thanks and good luck with your current dilemma. I'm curious to see what the problem is/was.
Regards,
RC
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 03:32:39 PM »
RC
 Installed the latest version of Mach and then worked with the reverse and high and Dir and now the machine has all the axis moving in the correct direction thanks for the help now it's on to the next battle so many I'll have to choose one think I'll go for the limit and home switches next that sounds like a good one.

Dennis

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 03:35:59 PM »
hi, Dennis

Won't be long now. !!

Chip
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
Chip
Don't know which will happen first me going bonkers and the machine working just have to wait see which goes first.

Dennis
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 03:42:35 PM »
Chip
Don't which will occur first me going bonkers or the machine working will just have to wait and see : )

Dennis
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2008, 04:29:18 PM »
Hi Guys
I thought i had the first fight resloved when it bit me in the rear mother board went down so i replaced it with a newer board and of course you have to change the processor and memory right anyway after doing this Mach will not mount the printer port with any control to the servos i have tried a printer on the port LPT port and it works fine but still no mach control don't what the problem is i had this problem when first did the installation but simply connecting a printer on the computer seamed to solve the problem but not this time as always any ideas and or help is greatly appreciated.

Dennis