Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 11:24:05 AM

Author Topic: tcp modbus setup  (Read 3771 times)

tcp modbus setup
« on: January 09, 2008, 08:54:48 AM »
Hello All,

It has been a while that i had setup my plc. I have 64 inputs and 64 outputs, and several analog I/O. i also have a serial port extension. On the plc there's a routine that emulates a serial modbus. This system works, but i bought the system in this way so that it would enable me to migrate to tcp-modbus, when it became supported. (the device has tcp-modbus a primary interface).

Since tcp-modbus is now an option i'd like to use it that way. But i does not work at the moment, and some things are not clear to me. I checked out the wiki and the modbus video's but still no light in the dark.

In the serial modbus configuration a had the checkbox 'use each input word as 16 bits of bitmapped input instead of mapped inpumax of 64 bits' enabled. Since such a setting is not available in modbus setup, i'm not shure what to do. Furthermore, in ports&pins one adresses the modbus using port zero. i.e. port 0,pin 8, was set as the X-homing input, wich corresponded to the 8th digital input on my plc. Has this changed? do i need a brain to setup ports&pins for mach?

In tcp test mode, i CAN connect to the tcp-modbus and change data read in when actuating the inputs! so that is OK!
is it config or is it that i need a brain-control (maybe i just need a brain for me!).

Help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Kris.
Logic takes you from A to B, imagination takes you anywhere

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: tcp modbus setup
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:22:32 PM »
You have to use a brain for TCP
You will have to "Tick" the enabled of the Output or what ever, but brians accesses the object directly, you set up in brians what port it is going out, i.e. ether or serial, in or out.

If you want to use "bit of word" there is a setting in brain for specifiying whichbit, rememeber to send to the config your using for that data.

scott

fun times
Re: tcp modbus setup
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 04:45:05 PM »
Thank you,
I got it working allready now.
Time to start writing a big (or several) brain(s)
greetings,
Kris
Logic takes you from A to B, imagination takes you anywhere