Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:58:13 AM

Author Topic: From .DWG to LazyCam to Mach3 Turn - Natural Progression  (Read 26732 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: From .DWG to LazyCam to Mach3 Turn - Natural Progression
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2008, 06:01:47 PM »
Hi, Guy's

As far as i now, It set's a tool & tip angle relationship, In the Pic. below, The .5 BA, LC Skip's the part of the profile where the tool/tip would interfere with the profile.

The 5.5 BA, LC Cut's the complete profile where the tool/tip doesn't interfere with the profile.

At the moment I would just like to see a good Cut Profile, and let Me worry about the Tool/Tip BA Relationship.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: January 20, 2008, 08:20:04 PM by Chip »

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2008, 04:43:00 AM »
Chip
 I agree with your interpretation of what's happening. I think that maybe the number is being applied incorrectly.Certainly according to the diagram I have from Cutviewer, its the other tool face, so an angle of 0 would have the tool rubbing on the OD. I'll have to see if I can find some ISO tooling definitions.

Tony
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2008, 11:46:31 AM »
I do believe that is correct, Back Angle is the angle formed by the leading flat edge of the insert and a line drawn 90 degrees from the turned surface. That line is zero degrees and the turned surface is 90 degrees. The flats of the insert can't rub either the 90 or the zero face.

Now here is another question to postulate. The marked rapid movement will crash by traversing through the piece. How can I move this path without having to edit the gcode after it is produced?

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2008, 02:04:20 PM »
Another one of the great mysteries of LazyCam.  ;)

Tony

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2008, 10:16:48 PM »
Hi, Tony

Like I stated, At the moment I would just like to see a good Cut Profile, and let Me worry about the Tool/Tip BA Relationship, Maybe make it a check box option.

Hi, Jhowelb A rapid now and then, Keeps you on your toes, HU !!, Find that Rapid X## Z##, Edit in a Z## move just before it.

I think theres a Tun-up for Turn Soon, I hope.

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 11:02:31 PM by Chip »
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2008, 10:45:35 PM »
YES Chip.....we are ALL hoping.   ;)
After all, many of us are financing it's completion.   ::)
Keep plugging along until then.
Regards,
RC
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2008, 11:12:48 PM »
Unexpected rapids right thru solid object will certainly wake you up, if you on a live machine.

However, I have a habit I picked up in a machine shop after a machine chunked a 140 lb piece out of the machine,blowing the doors off and ricocheting about the shop making all in attendance duck and cover!

That is "dry runs"! No part in the chuck, Z zero set well back from the chuck and these days, with pc based cnc, no machine connected!

Removes the drama and most of the aches and pains.

Being an inveterate button pusher when I don't have directions to follow, I found a button labeled "optimize" that at least sometimes takes care of errant rapids.
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2008, 06:52:07 AM »
I've never had an actual catastrophe. I catch it early on..... like you.
I've cut far more AIR with mine than I have material.
RC