Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:02:25 AM

Author Topic: Current Hi/Low discrete  (Read 3335 times)

Current Hi/Low discrete
« on: January 06, 2008, 02:01:17 PM »
On the output's there is a current hi/low signal that can be mapped.  I didn't find anything on it in the manual.  Is there somewhere I can find the relationship of the timing of that signal to step activity, or G-code execution?

Thanks,
 Phil
Re: Current Hi/Low discrete
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 10:10:18 AM »
Cricket, cricket, cricket...........anybody? 

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 10:50:38 PM »
Hi, Phil

Some control boards/devices require a high setting to be pulled low thy float at 5 volts and when pulled low with Mach cause a step, Some a low and when

pushed high thy step. Some control boards/devices won't work at all in the wrong Hi/Lo state.

In other devices let's say a Small 5 volt Relay, If one end is tied to 5 volts, The other end needs to be pulled low to close it, Gnd one end, Other end

needs to be pushed high, Thus Active Low, Is  ether "X" or "Checked".

Hope this Helps, Chip 
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 11:51:42 PM »
Thanks,
 Actually I'm assuming that the signal changes state when it is issuing step pulses, and changes state when it stops.  I was wanting to know how much time delay was there.  Specifically when changing state from low current to high current how long after does the fist step pulse happen?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2008, 12:08:13 AM »
Hi, Phil

1 to 5 us, I think it can be set up to 8 though, In sherline mode I think it's fixed at 15us.

Thanks, Chip