Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:28:29 PM

Author Topic: Pocket problem  (Read 3225 times)

Pocket problem
« on: January 06, 2008, 10:51:18 AM »
New to Lazy cam, trying to do some pockets, circles no problem, ovals get strange results see attached
Also how do I do a 3D rotate of the display?

Regards
Leo

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Pocket problem
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 03:27:42 PM »
leo
l-cam is a beta software it has many unresolved issues.they work on it all the time.some features for mill and some for lathe get a lot of the action.
but it is still  pretty useful.the best tip i can give you is your drawings have to be real clean.even with a pecfect drawing you will have problems.
one trick that i found with a dxf is that you open it up with l-cam turn it into a tap file without making any changes.load it in mach as g-code then
bring it back into l-cam and then work with it.l-cam works with a g-code file alot better than a dxf.keep pluggin and playing.

bill

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
leo
forgot to mention the wheel on your mouse to move your drawing around
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 07:46:42 AM »
I've been having the same problems with the new LazyCAM 3. It solves a lot of problems in earlier versions (LazyCAM 2.02). LazyCAM 2.02 would do things like create an offset around the object being pocketed, and offset inside vs. outside was always confused. However, I do a lot of pocketing and I can fix those problems by just deleting what isn't right or by trying "offset inside" if "offset outside" doesn't give me what I want. What I can't fix is the type of problem you show above caused in LazyCAM 3.0. What I'd recommend is reverting back to using LazyCAM 2.02. It has been a real workhorse in my workshop. I can generally cut what I need to with that version. Somehow the bugs solved in LazyCAM 2.02 crept back into LazyCAM 3 for the time being. Those bugs are hard to kill, but Art and Brian are working on this all the time. I can't wait to try a new version of LazyCAM 3.