Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 02:00:33 AM

Author Topic: Macros and how todo them  (Read 4110 times)

Macros and how todo them
« on: January 03, 2008, 01:25:02 PM »
can soemone point me in right direction I want to call the tab key off my shuttle so I want todo a mackro but how do I call the tab key

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: Macros and how todo them
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2008, 01:37:25 PM »
I am competant enough at writing the logic of Macros, but the actual syntax of Mach 3 Vis Basic is a bit of a mystery, and I don't know where to get it from. There is a starter video under "scripting". A "brain" might be the answer. Perhaps the big boys can help.

I cannot see why you want to press a key on a keyboard from somewhere else - surely it is the function behind the keypress you want to activate
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2008, 09:06:55 AM »
I want to access the jog screen remotely,  as I am in a wheelchaire and the keyboard is not accessable I control the machine remotely and the the jog screen is a real pain to access hiting the tab mouse atc are all wireless anyone else HELP

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2008, 10:22:06 AM »
Here is a way:

Drop this screen called: "1024jogcontrol.set" into your main mach3 directory.
Goto Config>system hotkeys>in the OEM trigger1 box put the number 12 hit ok
Goto Config>Ports and Pins>Inputs tab scroll down and enable OEMTrigger1 set the port and pin you want to have OEMTrigger1 come in on. Hit Apply, ok. (make sure you got the active high or low correct (or auto set), depending on your system.

when you push your external button that comes in on OEMTrigger1, it will pull up the "Jog Screen". NOTE: I tried to have screen 50 activate but it doesnt load correctly, since I have no way to "Push" the Tab key itself and emulation doesnt work correctly. so I just moved the Jog control to screen 12.

Flash can actually "Push Buttons" or emulate Button Push calls, so you could probably do this in Flash exactly like you want, but this is the only way I personally know how to bring it up.

Scott
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2008, 10:46:48 PM »
Found another way
This VB script:   SendKeys "{Tab}, True"
Will "Push" the Tab Key from within the application,

So in the Macro pump or the OEM run macro function

you can put this in the Macropump or a Macro.m1s (assumes your using Input1)

If IsActive(INPUT1) Then
SendKeys "{Tab}, True"
End If

Scott
fun times

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 12:11:03 AM »

I want to access the jog screen remotely,  as I am in a wheelchaire and the keyboard is not accessable I control the machine

remotely and the the jog screen is a real pain to access hiting the tab mouse atc are all wireless anyone else HELP

Bob I might have misunderstood what you need so just disregard this if that is so.

Why not simply place the jog buttons or whatever else you need on the front page.

This can easily be done with Screen4.

If I am on the right track then sing out and we can help you with this.

Greg