Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 07:32:34 PM

Author Topic: 'BRIAN.........Help really need a Brain/TCP Fix!!!!!  (Read 2959 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
'BRIAN.........Help really need a Brain/TCP Fix!!!!!
« on: January 02, 2008, 02:25:39 PM »
Brian,

Is there any way you could add 4 VB commands to control the TCP/IP Modbus??
I.e.  (NOTE: on the Serial Modbus commands: SetMasterInput and SetMasterOutput they can only
turn the 0 bit to a 1, there is no way to turn it back off, OR, no way to set a value into the
address).
Can you add something like:

VB INPUT Commands:
GetEthInput(0-1023)            'Gets the 16 bit value of the modbus input address
SetEthInput(0-1023, 0-65535)   'Lets you "force" an input value for testing of Brains

VB OUTPUT Commands:
GetEthOutput(0-1023)         'Gets the 16 bit value of the Modbus output address
SetEthOutput(0-1023, 0-65535)   'Sets the Eth Mod output address to the value

The Need is from:
I am using a input and output brain, currently on of the Inputs is set to 1.000 and I have NO way
of resetting it to Zero. (Yes I could go back to the Machine, but I would like to be able
to test "Off the Machine", at the R & D desk.

Also, Can you put a Brain request on your list:
1). To make it where you can go in and edit individual parts of the brain without having to delete
all Rungs below it just to fix that one part/mistake. It would be great if you have a 50 Rung Brain
and you need to change the input, operation or terminator without having to delete all the rungs below it.

Scott
fun times