Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 04:20:45 PM

Author Topic: LazyCAM Beta- Pro installation  (Read 4575 times)

LazyCAM Beta- Pro installation
« on: January 01, 2008, 11:00:11 PM »
I downloaded the LazyCAM 3.00 and installed it on my office computer and it worked fine.  I looked all over and I cannot find the option to enter my PRO registration code.  I gave up and then on the workshop computer downloaded the full MACH3 and it installed Mach3 and optionally LazyCAM.  That version recognized my Pro registration code so all is well there.

Now, how can I install just the LazyCAM Pro version on my desktop?  I do not want to install Mach3 since it will never be used there and I cannot find an installable LazyCAM 3.00 Pro version.
TIA
Bertho
M Beta- Pro installation

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: LazyCAM Beta- Pro installation
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:55:51 PM »
Hi, Bertho

I think you need to make a directory C:\Mach3 and put your license there, May need to copy LC there also.

Hope this Helps, Chip

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 12:02:25 AM »
Hi Bertho,

A couple of things that may help...

The stand-alone LazyCam 3.00 (Pro when licensed) installer is farther down on the downloads page, after Mach1,2 and Quantum.

Once installed, you need to place a copy of your "LazyLic.dat" file in the LCam folder.

Also... Note: This version requires the ".net 2.0 update" from Microsoft. Otherwise you will get an error at startup.

Paul, Central OR
MiniMechanicals.com
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 07:39:26 AM »
Thanks Chip & Paul,
I got it working after copying the License.dat file to the Mach 3 directory.
I think the previous versions had a note in the "About" section how to upgrade and I kept looking for it.  If I am mistaken, it would be a good thing to add there.
As usual: Operator problems!
Bertho