Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 05:24:11 PM

Author Topic: Insects  (Read 2585 times)

Insects
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:47:53 PM »
Is there a list of known problems and suspected ones?  I hate to go through verifying and documenting a problem if it is already known.  Here are a few that I have noticed in the latest version:

1.   If a DXF file is open in AutoCAD, there is no error message except it says no chains loaded.  It ought to explain why.  It took me long time to figure out what was wrong.  Regardless, it ought to open the file since there is no conflict that LazyCAM will try to write data to an open file.

2.   Offsetting sometimes happens outside even though I specify inside.

3.   Clicking on a chain and selecting it and then hitting the delete key often does not work.  I have to deselect the chain and then select it again and then it finally works as expected.
Bertho

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Insects
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2008, 12:03:49 AM »
Hi, Bertho

I think these have all been reported, Theres still work to be done.

Brian may have a list.

Thanks, Chip
Re: Insects
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:50:40 AM »
It would be very useful and a great timesaver if known problems are officially listed in a sticky post.  If there are known workarounds, they ought to be included in the same spot.

There can also be a list of suspected but not verified problems.  In that case users can submit samples and information to help define the possible problem.

A bug list is not something negative.  The little insects always exists, especially on fast developing programs that are frequently updated with more features.
Keep up the great work!
Bertho