Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:58:24 PM

Author Topic: Mach 3 controller not responding after?  (Read 3433 times)

Mach 3 controller not responding after?
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:07:16 PM »
Hello and let me say it's nice to see so many thinkers out there. I have been running Mach 3 first version and updated to the lastest and noticed that after a rebot the following morning it would not respond / the table would not move. So I have a spare backup computer and I switch over to check with the older version and it worked perfectly. So I checked the config and everything matched up, so I had to completely remove the install and reinstall the older version. Running Windows XP with  3ghz processor. Any thoughts??

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Mach 3 controller not responding after?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 11:12:58 PM »
Hi, Compositecrafters

Have you tried the "driver test" in C:\Mach3 folder, Let it run till it closes on it's own, Then re-boot and try Mach again.

You might need to remove "Mach3 Driver" in Device Manager, Right Click on it and Delete, then run the driver test again, It will re-install then run driver test as above one more time.

To get there Window's, Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware, Device Manager, Then MachX Pulsing Engines.

Hope this Helps, Chip
« Last Edit: January 01, 2008, 11:47:37 PM by afn09556 »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 07:10:42 AM »
One thing that I have seen on later versions is the jog enable not being active after an updated install. Another thing, hit your tab key to pull up the MPG screen and see that all is set right there.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2008, 10:37:11 PM »
Thank you, will try it and see what happens.