Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:00:37 AM

Author Topic: motor set up help using G203V  (Read 3189 times)

motor set up help using G203V
« on: December 31, 2007, 03:27:54 AM »
Hi All,
I am very new to Mach3, just got my motors to spin for the first time today!  I am using the Keling motor package (495 oz-in) and Gecko dirvers G203V.  I ran the roadrunner gcode and the motors would run a liitle and then the motors would stop and the Reset button would activate.  I could start the program again by reseting and hitting go but it would stop a few seconds later.  I know that on the Motor configuration page I have to set up the step count.  I am using a 1/4-20 threaded rod for my leadscrew, this is for a rockcliff router.  What should be my step count 200 x 20=4000?  On the set up page they have "step pulse" and "direct pulse", what should these be set at, do my drivers micro step?  Thanks for the help, like I said I am new, I still have to learn how this all comes together.
rene

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: motor set up help using G203V
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:42:31 AM »
Sounds lke you may be picking up noise from somewhere to cause the Reset condition. Look in General config and try setting the debounce to 2000. Those are micro stepping drives. Try your steps per at 40,000. Set your step and direction pulses to 5 and give it a go.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: motor set up help using G203V
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:00:07 PM »
I'll give that a try.  One thing I forgot to mention is that the motors seem to be moving very slow and they sound like they are not running smoth.

Thanks,
rene