Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:15:50 PM

Author Topic: Post Processor  (Read 9951 times)

Post Processor
« on: April 22, 2006, 08:00:20 AM »
Just fell off the truck. What IS a post processor?
Re: Post Processor
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 08:06:15 AM »
The post processor is a converter that goes on the output of a Cam program to make the Gcode fit a particular machine... I like to think of it as a Gcode output filter
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 09:12:14 AM »
I'm in the same boat.  I am using Bobcad / Cam.  As I understand it the post processor works inbetween Bobcad and Mach 3.  Is that correct?  When I set up my post processor BobCad has many choices, none seem to make much sense to me as I am a rookie and none reference Mach3.  What post processor should I choose?  ANy recomendations out there?

Have yet to get the machine completely assembled but were working on it step by step.  This forum is great, I could not do this without you guys. 

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 10:19:03 AM »
I think BobCad has a post for Mach3. What version are you running? and is there anyone with a post?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 12:21:13 PM »
I use AlphaCAM and use a standard Fanuc series 6 post.

Never had any problems with it.

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:39:17 PM »
I also have the BobCad and it came with the Mach III post processor, but it was on a seperate CD that came with the program.
Ben
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 06:05:59 PM »
Wow, forgot all about the second disk.  It has a Mach2 mill and a Mach 2 turn.  I am runnung a router so loaded the Mach 2 mill.  I assume it's the same for Mach3.  Can anyone confirm?
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 08:00:33 PM »
I am running BobCad V20.  By the way, does anyone out there know of simple instructions to get started with Bobcad 20.  the manual that came with it is a challenge.  Making progress but very slow going.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 08:29:12 AM »
There is no such thing as a easy learning of BobCad. I purchased the video training CD'S and they did help somewhat, but I found that trail and error is the only way I could even get close to understanding BobCad and I'm still along way from knowing it.

Ben
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 08:37:55 AM »
becikeja,
Did you purchase the tri-power? It comes with the Mach III post processor CD, which you should load onto your computer. One mistake I made was to not deleate the Mill3.xml and Turn3.xml file in the Mach III software. Open your Mach III program under the windows explorer and find these two file and deleate them, then make sure you copy these two files from your Mach III CD over into the Mach III file on your computer. If you purchased the Tri power make sure you sheck out the Z axis spindle movment. Mine was very hard to move and actully jambed bending the o-ring bracket on the bottom. If you have this problem you should call john at Shopmaster and he can lead you thru the fix.
Ben