Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:27 AM

Author Topic: Laser Engraving Plugin-share experience/any documentation?  (Read 6262 times)

Laser Engraving Plugin-share experience/any documentation?
« on: December 26, 2007, 04:02:21 PM »
Hi, I am trying to set up a laser cutting/engraving system with Mach3, for engraving I want to use Art's plugin, but I have experienced some problems and I have some queries.

First of all, the 5us (or optional 40us) pulses are too short for my PWM CO2 laser, so I use the digital trigger pulses as a trigger for a variable pulse width pulse generator, which I connect to the gate input of a homebuilt CO2 laser controller (basically a gated 20kHz PWM oscillator with manual pulsewidth control via front panel knob).

When I first tried this, all I got was a mess - after a lot of fiddling around, I realised that unless the image is exactly square, it seems to produce multiple, superimposed images along the x-axis. As I don't really understand how the plugin works, I can't work out what I'm doing, or doing wrong.

The settings in the plugin do not really make sense to me - in particular, why does changing the "width (x axis)" affect the "size of the Y pixel (in steps)". Is this a simple labelling error? Can anybody out there help? Art?

Thanks,
Ilya
Re: Laser Engraving Plugin-share experience/any documentation?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2009, 05:53:58 AM »
Thank you for the IMPORTANT CLUE about the image needing to be SQUARE to avoid those ghostly double images.
As to the problem relating to the X and Y pixel size, I think there is an error in the software which is confusing the X and Y axis. This is possibly the cause of the image raster ghosting also.