Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:14:09 PM

Author Topic: downloading latest upgrade  (Read 7803 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: downloading latest upgrade
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2007, 03:17:29 AM »
What do you call your profile? If its different from Mach3Mill your settings should remain, in fact even if you have it named as that the only things that should get overwritten are macros if you have custom ones.
 The best way to make sure you dont have problems again is copy your xml file for your profile to another location on your drive. If on the next upgrade it gets overwritten then all you need to do is paste your copy back into the Mach3 folder.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2007, 09:11:54 PM »
Hello Hood,
Well the weird part is that the macros are fine , just the settings get reset. Any ways I will make a copy of the XML and try that solution.
Thank You for the help,Marco.

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 02:36:58 AM »
hello hood
i ran into the xml problem today too.i keep a copy of  my profiles on  a zip drive to keep them safe.
when i did the install of mach3.0 today,it was realy clean.i wiped everything old out,even went through the registry.
did the new install, loaded my main profile when i started mach and when i moved the table the motors ran rough.
went to motor tuning and sure enough pulse width and vel were change.set them back everything ok,so far.
then i loaded my other 2 profiles to try them,and it changed both them too.each profile had a differant pulse width setting.
now after loading them a few times they seem to stay unchanged.

thanks bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2007, 04:08:17 AM »
I will have to update today and see how it affects my system, strange that this is happening as the xml should put back all your previous settings.
Hood

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2007, 06:55:35 AM »
Hood,
I've noticed odd changes around the step width area after upgrades. I also lost my spindle calibration as I've been discussing in another thread.
On the subject of xmls. the \xmlbackups directory doesn't seem to get overwritten so you may find your old xml in there. It's got me out of trouble a couple of times. ( ok it may be yesterday's or the last time you altered something, but its better than starting from scratch)

Tony

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2007, 11:06:05 AM »
Forgot to update to the Rev 3 today, will have a go tomorrow if I remember but at my age (as Brian and Brett always reminds me :D ) its not easy remembering things.

Hood

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
Thats funnie Hood, I don't remember telling you that................ well maybe...................... dang, can't remember.   ;D

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2007, 04:22:07 PM »
I downloaded Mach3 R3.00 but when I go to install it it says ..... MAch3, version 2.00.***

Is this version 3?

Thanks
Bill
« Last Edit: December 29, 2007, 04:23:58 PM by Bill CNC »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2007, 04:42:34 PM »
Hi, Bill

After you install it under Help About it is Ver R3.0