Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 07:39:42 AM

Author Topic: Auto oiler  (Read 12380 times)

Re: Auto oiler
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 11:00:33 PM »
Ya gotta watch the hotkeys though.....make sure nothing else is asigned to the one you use.
External button is almost as simple to connect to the input.
Be Careful,
rc
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2009, 04:55:07 PM »
I have another question about the "oiler Brain"  I have been using it for a few months now and it works great but I am having a little problem.  It sends the signal to my oiler for a preset length of time every 20 minutes of spindle runtime but the problem is it resets the 20 min timer each time the spindle is turned on . If I have a part in which it turns the spindle on and off three times , it gives a shot of oil each time the spindle starts  even if they are only 1 min apart , so on parts with small run time I am wasting a ton of oil. How can I modify the brain so it oils every 20 minutes of spindle run time and doesnt reset each time the spindle is stopped and restarted?
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2009, 08:05:25 PM »
Hey RT,
   The brain looks OK to me. Sounds like you are getting an initial SHOT of oil when you start. Like the relay is wired wrong. If your run times are less than the timer, you should get NO oil.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2009, 08:19:13 PM »
the relay is a solid state 20 amp being switched on by pin one port two , every time the spindle is switched on it switches the relay on  for a few seconds , it then cycles agin in 20 minutes . It also triggers the relay everytime the spindle is switched on , I will look thru my wiring tommorow , any thoughts on what I might be looking for ?  Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2009, 08:27:03 PM »
I suspect that your problem may be that each time your enable signal is stopped then started this resets the timer. If you have this enable signal set to be active only when the spindle is on it will, I would imagine,  do exactly what you see happening. If you used an enable signal that was active when the control was active then the timer would not get reset until the 20 mins were up or you restarted the control.
Hood
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2009, 08:52:50 PM »
Not sure what you mean Hood. I changed the Brain to INPUT1 to start and it is an ON delay timer. The output does not come on for 20 min.
Upon reset, it has to wait another 20 min. There should not be a shot of oil at the start...the way I see it  (half blind though)
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2009, 08:55:31 PM »
RT, you must not be using the Brain in the earlier reply of this topic. ? ?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2009, 08:57:24 PM »
What I am thinking is RT has maybe got the brains signal being activated by the spindle coming on and off, for instance if he is using an output that is set for M3 to activate the Brain then it will be reset each time the spindle starts, I might be barking up the wrong tree however..
Hood
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
Thats exactly what I have here. 20 min ON delay.  timer starts by out1 (M3).  If no prgm runs 20 min, it will NEVER oil.
Keep resetting the timer, it will never time out.
Instead of 20 of and 2 on. Maybe 10 off and 1 on so it will get oil on the short runs.
Like to see the Brn.
RC

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2009, 09:06:48 PM »
Ok I see what you are saying, yep the brain must be different right enough, think I need some sleep ;D

Hood