Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:13:36 PM

Author Topic: Auto oiler  (Read 12336 times)

Auto oiler
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:49:48 PM »
Hi,

On my lathe, an Emco 220, I have an automatic oiler that should come on every 20meters of travel,  can I set up Mach to give me an output for a second or so to set the relay?

Thanks.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Auto oiler
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »
You could set up the macro pump to do that or possibly even a Brain.
Hood

Edit, sorry I misread and thought you said 20 minutes rather than meters, that would probably be more difficult :(

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:27:34 PM »
goto Operator>Edit Brains
When the Brain window opens name it "Oiler" and hit OK
in Brain, hit the + and then on the selection window hit Outputs, pick and output like Enable 1 or the Output that turns on your spindle.
next hit the + again in that window hit Timer
in "A--Delay Trigger" put something like 1200 seconds (20 minutes), make sure that Accumulative is not checked (UNLESS your watching something that turns on and off like your spindle output then you want to check it).
in "B--Pulse Time" put how long you want the oiler output to stay on for in seconds. Make sure the Single shot is not checked.
in "C--Delay till Repeat put 1200 seconds (20 minutes)

hit ok

then hit the Terminate button, put whatever output# you have going to your oiler.

What the Brain will do is, it looks at your what ever your gonna use as your oiler reference. i.e. Enable will oil the machine every 20 minutes as long as mach is on (not in reset condition).
If you watch your spindle output, then the brain will oil the machine for every 20 minutes of spindle run time.

I attached a zip file that has the "Oiler" Brain in it, it watches the Enable1 output, it delays for 20 minutes, oils for 2 seconds, then every 20 minutes of Mach ON time it runs for 2 seconds.

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 03:42:55 PM »
Thankyou poppabear, but I need it to trigger every 20 meters not minutes. there is an screen that gives distance moved under Operator-Maintenance hours, can I use this as a distance timer?

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 10:37:23 AM »
OK,

Then here is a Macropump that will measure your True X Travel, (If you want you can add the Z so get a true sum, but I just used the X for distance).
Here is what you will need to do:

this macro will activate OUTPUT6 once the X axis travels more than 20,000mm, the output will stay on until the X Axis Travels more than 20100 when it passes that point, it will turn off OUTPUT6, and reset the counter to "0".

What you will have to do is caputre the output signal with an external relay, that turns on the oiler through a Timer or whatever, and then once the timer times out, it will Toggle your external relay to shut off the oiler signal, (even if it is still on in mach cause you havent yet moved the required 20100mm to shut it off, this is so your oiler just doesnt keep running if for some reason your X axis stops with the counter between 20000mm and 20100mm).

If you want, you can go into the MacroPump code here (and use the alternate statement as well), and do an "AND" statement with your timer sending back a signal on INPUT1 that shows it has timed out and finished timing.

Open Operator>Vb scripter and put the following script into the window, hit File>Saveas "macropump.m1s"
goto General turn on Macropump, goto general and in Ports and Pins make sure that OUTPUT6 and INPUT1 is enabled (you can change these I/O to your machine, but remember to change them in the macropump.

Here is the Macro:

'MacroPump.m1s

a=Abs(GetOEMDRO(83))
b=GetOEMDRO(806)
c=GetUserDRO(1400)

If a>0 And b=0 Then
c=c+a
SetUserDRO(1400, c)
End If

If c>20000 Then
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)
End If

If c>20100 Then
DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)
SetUserDRO(1400,0)
End If

'Alternat Last statement
'If c>20000 and IsActive(INPUT1) Then
'DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT6)
'SetUserDRO(1400,0)
'End If

'Enjoy,

'Scott

fun times
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 11:06:34 AM »
Thank you poppabear you'r a star.

I'll set my machine up and give it a go, I think I have a timer somewhere I can use.

Jim.

By the way,  MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and all who help on this forum.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 04:26:40 PM »
Just curious in the post above it says to hit the + in the brain editor and choose "timer"   I cant find timer anywhere there to choose

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
You need to clcik on the first entry you made, in the above it is an Output I think. Anyway when this is green and you press the + you will see the Timer as one of the options.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2008, 10:05:29 PM »
Much thanks , I read these tutorials literaly and if it doesnt say to do a specific function I dont do it for fear of screwing something up

I have the oiler set up on output 6 , is there a simple way to activate the oiler manualy on occasion , either thru an external pushbutton or an onscreen button or thru an unused mcode?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:28:37 PM by panaceabeachbum »
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2008, 10:49:40 PM »
this is pretty simple,
Make a little Brain like....

Then enable an input, (I used 1) then assign a hotkey to it. I used "O" for Oil.

Enable the brain and any time O is held, Out6 is active.
Could also use Screen 4 and put a button on screen as well.