Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:04:53 PM

Author Topic: E-stop & reset question  (Read 3287 times)

E-stop & reset question
« on: December 16, 2007, 07:13:35 PM »
I would like to know if it is possible for me to setup Mach so that when an estop from the PC is triggered, an output pin can trip a physical relay and trigger a physical estop.  I'm using Rutex drives which will trigger an estop on the PC when an axis limit is hit, but I would like to have a physical estop string which can be tripped when this internal PC estop is triggered.

In combination with this, I want to have a physical reset switch to take the place of the one on the Mach screen...I'm pretty sure this can be done but want to make sure.

-Ryan

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
Re: E-stop & reset question
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2007, 05:03:15 AM »
Hi

it is possible do do what you describe. The circuit depends a bit on what you have. Is there a charge pump in operation & has it a contact output, or just a logic level?
The Mach reset should be available on OEM button code 1021, so assigning an input pin to produce that code should do the PC reset. The physical button on the machine that operates the pin will also reset a local latched relay that enables the drives.
If you want the PC to drop the latch out, then including the charge pump contact in the latch circuit will do it. Just make sure that 'Charge pump on in Estop' is not checked in General Config.
I prefer to have the latch tripped locally by physical switch contacts, but the charge pump should still be included in the circuit so that a problem at PC or control will stop things dead.

Hope this helps. I may be able to give you a fragment of circuit when I have some time later on.

Tony
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 07:44:29 PM »
Tony, thanks for the reply.  So if I turn the "Charge pump on in Estop" off, and use the charge pump circuit to trigger the physical estop I should be all set then...  I didn't know about you could kill the charge pump in the event of a general estop.

Thanks!
-Ryan

Offline TonyP

•  132 132
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 04:41:09 AM »
Ryan,
I've now actually tried both the Reset code & the Charge pump off feature on my own system & it works fine.

Tony