Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 11:55:34 AM

Author Topic: Machine Coordinates ????  (Read 12227 times)

Machine Coordinates ????
« on: December 16, 2007, 04:27:36 PM »
hello All,

I am still in the middle of trying to set this thing up with the home and limit switches but I think I need to get the machine coordinates done first!

I have a problem, When I have my all my axis all set to zero in my machine coordinates all three axis are in the middle of their travel, how do I fix this? I cant seem to be able to set the machine coordinates to zero on the limit switches.

Thanks
Bill

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,671 2,671
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
Re: Machine Coordinates ????
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 06:45:02 PM »
Look under Config/Motor Softlimits and see what the G28 home positions are set to.

Also under Config/General bottom right of window un-check copy G59.253 to G54

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2007, 03:01:15 AM »
Hello Graham,

I think what you are wanting to know looks fine. Here is a few screen shots of those menus. Does it look ok?

My homing is not working properly. The limits stop the machine but the homing does not back off the switch. BTW I am running Mach3 and I have six switches limits and 3 of the six I want to use as homing switches. Hobby CNC Pro board.

Thanks
Bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2007, 03:17:51 AM »
So you do a home move, the axis moves, hits the home switch then stops? Does the LED around the "Zero Axis" button turn green? If yes it means Mach has homed. Do you see the switch still active on the Diagnostic page? If yes then sounds like your switches may be noisy so try setting the debounce level to 2000. If that helps then try reducing it until it no longer works.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2007, 09:04:19 AM »
Hello Hood,

When I tell the machine to Ref All Home, the z axis moves to its home switch, the machine stops and All the switches turn yellow on the diagnostics page, nothing is green.

Here is a diagnostics screen shot of what I get when I hit Ref All Home or from the diagnostics screen I hit Ref Z.

Thanks
Bill

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2007, 11:01:42 AM »
OK , how do you have all of your limits connected? Are they all (limits and homing) connected in series and using only 1 pin on the parallel port? Have you tried increasing the debounce to 2000 (on General Config page) ?

Hood
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2007, 12:34:34 PM »
Hood,

Yes they are connected in series and I am using 3 of the six as homing switches. I did try the debounce at 2000 ... No Change.

Here is another thread that I started to get the switches working so a quick re-read might help with this problem. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,5160.0.html

I think that this problem needs to be corrected for the other to fall in place.

Many thanks guy's
Bill

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
I have never wired all limts and homes to one pin, so can't be certain. In the homing routine, all of the switches will change state if they are all on one pin as your screen shoot indicates I think. The homing routine should then jog your z back to a point that the limit/home isn't made. On your settings page, is Auto limit override enabled?

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
Chaoticone,

yes the auto limit override is on.

If you have never wired all the switches in series, how is this done? I have limit switches at the end of all three axis, and the top Z and the left X and the farthest away from the user on Y are the ones I want to use as home switches.

I just want limits and homes to work, I don't care how but I need to get them working and get the machine coordinates set at the 0's so I can get her going. As of now, it just looks good and is pretty much useless otherwise.

Anything will help!

Thanks
Bill

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2007, 03:17:10 PM »
Quick win? - I'd consider splitting your switches (2 per axis) accross 3 input pins. Bet that'll work just fine.