Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 07:53:37 AM

Author Topic: How to change output settings?  (Read 5607 times)

How to change output settings?
« on: December 16, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
Hello all,

Since a few days i use a MODIO with Mach3 R2.61, everything works fine, but in the default settings, the outputs 1-4 are blinking and i want to disable this. I've checked the state of the register 103 with te modbus test monitor in Mach and can see, that the bits 1648 to 1651 are setted to 0. How can i change the settings to 1 ? It is not possible in the test monitor with a write instruction. Any idea to fix this, or is there another way to disable the blinking?

Greetings from the snow covered Austrian mountains,

Helmut
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
Re: How to change output settings?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 02:57:54 PM »
Hello all,

Since a few days i use a MODIO with Mach3 R2.61, everything works fine, but in the default settings, the outputs 1-4 are blinking and i want to disable this. I've checked the state of the register 103 with te modbus test monitor in Mach and can see, that the bits 1648 to 1651 are setted to 0. How can i change the settings to 1 ? It is not possible in the test monitor with a write instruction. Any idea to fix this, or is there another way to disable the blinking?

Greetings from the snow covered Austrian mountains,

Helmut

Hi Helmut,

You should be able to write to the config registers from the Modbus test page. Remember you can only write to 1 config register at a time

Also, you need to reset the ModIO after any change to the config registers in order for them to take effect.

Writing FF to register 103 should turn off the flashing to all outputs.

The Alternative way is to use the Modbus Config tab, acessed from the Modbus Config page.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 03:16:03 PM »
Hello Peter,

It works now, thank you.

Greetings,
Helmut
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2012, 09:28:09 AM »
"Writing FF to register 103 should turn off the flashing to all outputs.

The Alternative way is to use the Modbus Config tab, acessed from the Modbus Config page.

Cheers,

Peter."

Hi Peter,

Do I uncheck the "Limit Err Flash" checkbox and do I need to jemp the Boot terminals to write to the Modio?

Thanks,
Tony