Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 03:59:07 AM

Author Topic: Home and Limit Switches ... I'm Going Crazyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 16271 times)

Offline stirling

•  2,188 2,188
  • UK
    • View Profile
    • www.razordance.co.uk
Re: Home and Limit Switches ... I'm Going Crazyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2007, 04:52:22 AM »
Where I was coming from with my suggestion of using 3 pins was:

Yes, it SHOULD work with just one pin - BUT it isn't and I'm suspecting a bug - not unheard of - even in Mach   ::)

It should work with just one pin because when acting as a limit - i.e. at any time other than when you command "ref all home" all Mach does is react to any limit input by deadstopping all axis - it doesn't care nor need to know which switch was hit - it just dead stops - period.

With a "ref all home" - by default Mach homes each axis SEQUENTIALLY and so again only needs one input. ONE advantage to using 3 pins is that you can (if you want) make Mach home all 3 axis in parallel.

I can't help but think at the moment you're making things more difficult by splitting this accross two threads and also trying to get home offsets sorted at the same time. Personally I'd forget this for the moment and concentrate on getting simple homing to work as it should.

My guess at what is happening is that Mach is homing Z but when it hits the switch its confusing the input as not only a home on Z but ALSO as a limit hit on X and/or Y. Like I say this shouldn't happen but...

From the point of view of homing, everything you've apparantly done is correct and yet it still isn't working. Try 3 pins. If that works then it more or less proves a bug in Mach with one pin. If not I'll take all this back and admit defeat   ;D

Cheers

Ian

EDIT: I've just read your other thread again (see what I mean about two threads!) and on post 9 you've said you get a limit message when you home. That confirms (to me at least) that it's a bug as I've said above.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 04:57:18 AM by stirling »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2007, 07:20:06 AM »
I knew where you were headed with that Stirling. Was a thought I had as well. Everyone has their on way and or reason for trouble shooting and IMO, he has had lots of good, sound advise. Not my machine, but thanks guys for sticking with this one. We'll get it, too many great people here not too.  :)

Bill, I have sent you a personal message.

Brett 
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2007, 10:42:56 AM »
Hood,

;D  :o

OK I checked the EStop pin and it was also set at 15 just like the switches. It now works!!!!!!

But,

Now I get the Normal / AbNormal bar flashing yellow / green. Could this be because I set the EStop to pin 10 so I didn't have to change all the others?

What could this be?

Man This is a BIG jump in solving my problems. Not only does the Homing work and travel back of the switch, I can get the machine coordinates on 0!!!

Yippee

Many, Many Thanks
Bill

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2007, 12:21:38 PM »
Hi, Bill

Your getting the Normal Condition flashing because you made some setting changes,  Double Click on the button.

A window will pop up, Just click Yes to reset, it'll then reset the button to normal green.

Yes to the script you added to your "ref all home" button.

On the Diagnostic page the Home/Limits are all in series, So when any switch is open all the leds will be on (yellow).

Thanks, Chip
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 05:36:50 PM by afn09556 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2007, 05:20:41 PM »
Glad you are sorted Bill, its one of these ones that if I had been there and saw that message I would have known right away what was wrong but at least we got there in the end :)

Hood
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2007, 07:37:15 PM »
TO ALL,

I just want to thank you ALL for all the wonderful help you ALL have given me. The support here is second to no other and for that alone I WILL be purchasing Mach for my Christmas present to myself!

And a special thanks to (in no particular order)...  Hood, Chaoticone, afn09556 and stirling

Thank You All Again
Bill
« Last Edit: December 18, 2007, 07:38:58 PM by Bill CNC »