Hello Guest it is April 29, 2024, 03:19:54 AM

Author Topic: Wish me some luck!!!  (Read 12692 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Wish me some luck!!!
« on: December 12, 2007, 05:18:10 PM »
Well I have a machine in to retrofit that needs 66 inputs, 34 outputs and 2/2 analog in/out respectivly. So, using TCP mod bus I am going to try and get TWO PLC automation direct DL 06's in a 422 drop net work to play together with Mach.

I could do it with 1 DL205 but to do the same thing It would cost 557.00 dollars more.......

So wish me some luck on the bleeding edge of Modbus.........

scott
fun times
Re: Wish me some luck!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 05:23:57 PM »
Hi Scott,

So, how to you use TCP Modbus on a serial 422 bus? Are you using SLIP?

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »
well I am running a Eth TCP/IP to the 1st 06, then from that one, on the 2cd com port, I am running a 422 serial modbus to the second 06

scott
fun times
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2007, 11:15:25 PM »
Hi Scott,

Thanks for that. So, the 1st one has a Modbus TCP/IP to RS485 serial converter.

Makes Sense.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 07:35:42 PM »
no, there is a Eth TCPIP from mach to the 1st PLC, then from a second port on that one which is a serial port.
so the 1st PLC has two main com ports one is an Eth to mach, the other is a serial to the 2cd plc. From a control point of view using RX/WX instructions between the two 06's they appear as one giant 06 with 8 expansion slots!!
I got one for inputs, the second for outputs.

scott
fun times

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 09:31:55 PM »
Good luck Scott!  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2007, 10:08:14 PM »
Well got it all working Mach is controlling 2 PLC's, One PLC is the input PLC it has 57 discreate input over 3 input cards, and 3 analog inputs (Feed override, spindle override, RPM feedback). The other is the Output PLC, it has 34 discreate and 1 analog out (spindle speed control). The PLC information is brought in through the TCP Modbus, through Mach Brains, and on to the controls of mach as well as some custom pages, the macro pump just handles Error messages depending on input states of certain things.  The machine is relativly large, about 20' in X, 15' in Y, 8' in Z and a 18hp spindle. It is a Stone/Granite Mill mostly used to cut Granite counter tops. It has a 12 place Pick and place tool rack with a open and close cover with indexing spindle that has a hydaulic captureand inside and outside coolent and Air Blast to clean the spindle bore during the tool change, auto lube system, Phnumatic system for operationg the Air or Vacuum systems.  I will get pics as I can.

Scott
fun times

vmax549

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008, 02:26:46 PM »
DANG Scott, that is not a machine. IT is an entire factory. GOOD JOB

(;-) TP
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008, 11:10:31 PM »
I'm ITCHING to see those PICS ! ! ! !
What a MONSTER it must be.
RC

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2008, 01:57:44 PM »
ok, I will try and get some,

I got a problem with the Spindle ATC "claw", perhaps someone could shed some light. I have Cat 50 tool holders a few came with the machine. But the claw will not grab any of the nipples on the top of the tool holder. I can cycle it up and down, and the little balls that close in when it cycles up, are in good shape. I suspect that the guy that this machine was purchased from did not supply the correct holders with correct sized nipples.  Does anyone know the standard type of Nipples for Cat 50 holders, (and perhaps a website for them so I can try and find a nipple that the claw will hold?)

Has anyone had any experience fooling with "OMAG" Mills (OMAG 95 TOP20/S, is the model number)??  I am having to write a ATC macro for the M6, the Spindle mechanizms and sequencing is kinda complex, and must only make sence to Italian people. I tried to talk to the OMAG people in Itially and the communication gap was huge, to huge for me to understand and them to understand me. I have made alot of head way with looking over the Hydralic and phneumatic and electrical schematics, but it has some strange cycle sycronazation issues.

Scott
fun times