Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:23:09 PM

Author Topic: ATC using stepper motor on A axis  (Read 8228 times)

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
Re: ATC using stepper motor on A axis
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 06:27:32 PM »
Seriously - I think it is a quite simple program -

What I know about Vis Basic could fit on the head of a pin, so I couldn't even modify an existing program.  I guess there is always another semester at the local college for me, that's how I leaned Gcode programing.

Vince

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 08:57:53 PM »
Vince, you can do it. Don't be afraid to ask questions here. Give it a go, dig in and post your results. I know very little about VB to say the least but there are some here that are very good. It is a learning curve, but you can do it if you decide to.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
VB
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 11:23:14 PM »
It will be a couple of months at least until I am that far.  By then I may be signed up for school.

Vince
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2008, 01:21:08 PM »
I am new to VB and using scripts but I figured out  a lot about it. I have  a lathe with a tool changer that I am retrofitting . It has a 6 position too changer with a pawl lock set up.
I d/led the Toolchanger Pawl lock macro and copied it to my macro folder in mach3 turn.
I opened it using the VB editor and entered the values for the variables and saved it
I then edited the lathethread.tap file editing the M6 to read M6 T5
When I run thetool path the file runs to the M6 line then requests that I press cycle start. When I do that the file ends and rewinds to the first line of the script
Can I email you my saved copy so you can see it? If so what is your email address.

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2008, 10:30:22 PM »
Can I email you my saved copy so you can see it? If so what is your email address.
Sure.  My email address is vince@flyingcritters.com

Vince

Offline N4NV

•  398 398
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2008, 10:52:51 PM »
I figured out how to cram a stepper motor in my CHNC in place of the air motor -Ryan

Ryan, I found the worm gear with the planetary gearbox attached.  I now need the gear that drives the planetary gears.  It's pretty small, about .175" in diameter.  If I can get that gear, I can drive the worm gear with a servo motor.

Vince